Glasgow Couriers 50 Mile TT

Iain Cowden

Mike Ferguson and I ventured out for this early this morning on a combined course, including the Eglinton Park and Loans 10 Mile courses , plus an A71 loop - two identical laps.

Plaudits go to Mike, who showed me not just a clean, but highly polished, pair of heels to record yet another PB in the cracking time of 2:04:06. A 2 minute improvement which saw him, by my reckoning, second fastest gent of a certain vintage!

The event was won very clearly by a former JWCC rider, Iain Grant, in the frankly alarming time of 1:46:20 or so secs. A very clear winner - as he recently was in the Scottish 50 Champs.

I managed 2:13:25. I really enjoyed it and couldn't in truth have gone any harder without fading. As far as I could tell I rode two pretty even laps so I'm content with that.

Iain

Kudos to you both. Id love to get a time for a 50.

I thought about you guys today, especially with the recent honking weather.

Mike scalped me last week at the Inverclyde 10 as well, and by some margin. I noticed his facial hair was more closely trimmed than usual, no doubt giving him some areo advantage. Marginal gains etc :grin:

Well done guys. Hello, beer !!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good one guys. A couple of great times. Oh ya dancer !Hello, beer !!

Looked a very interesting course and perhaps one for future events. How did it ride? Was there a lot of thinking required at the junctions, turns, repeats or was it fairly straight forward?

Next stop the 100
The scottish 100 is in about 6 weeks if memory serves me right! ;-)

Fair to say that Iain Grant is flying at the moment. As well as the Scottish 50 a few weeks ago, he also just did a 19:50 10TT a week or so ago! :shock: Must be favourite for the Scottish 25TT in a few weeks.