Vets meigle 17/6/12

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Red letter day for me. Was actually in the habble with the lead bunch and whilst my sprinting legs let me down I was really chuffed to have finally been in a race were I was in contention to the very end.

The race comprised 3 17 mile laps and after covering lap 1 I felt I could handle the climbs as they were short enough that you did not completely go into the red. Any way one of my goals this year was to be in the lead bunch so I am happy as larry though admittedly I have to accept that the cat 4 races are tougher but today I do not care. A Pinot grigio or 2 for

Thanks to Paul for the lift and near death experience. I will leave it to him to explain and to give you his race report

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yes great progression from Charlie, we await the results with interest!

In the O40 race the average for 51 miles was 24.6mph :shock: which is fairly lively on a very wet day on heavy roads, that said there was only really one hill per lap of the 3 lap race.

Anyway lots of attacks and regroups ultimately a bunch gallop with a sharp left hander with 300m to go.

I finished about 10th in a sea of spray, so conclusion on report card is must do better,

Had a scary moment on a roundabout on journey up when Charlie noticed the car on the inside was continuing round, duly expresed his panic to the driver, and it was quick swerve with a wing mirror to wing mirror kissing moment :-?

Oh ya dancer !

Well done Charlie and Paul

Charlie will speak to you about sprinting you will need to increase max leg speed maybe have a few more shots on the front on Thursdays Ha Ha

George Charlies succsess only remindes me that i have to keep training and impproving or Mr C will leave in his wake its great to be motivated