Main Bunch Run Sunday 17th June '12

Mark O

Right digits cross it'll not be raining. I'm suggesting an Ayrshire foray next week. Rolling roads of the new variety. Not quite got a route 100% sorted but I'm thinking along the lines of clubrooms to Fenwick, from there onto to Moscow and down to Galston. Country roads to Monkton and Troon. Cafe stop at the Venice cafe. Return is up through Irvine to Stewarton and back to Miller Street. No idea of mileage, probably similar to that of today.

Just a proposal at the moment. If enough takers then I'll work out the details. Usual 9.00 am depart.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Bishopton Day , you know the local fete, "Beat the Goalie" £1 for 3 goes, 2nd kick, Bang, thigh muscle "Twang", how embarrasing, limped the 100 metres home, frozen peas ice pack, no chance i'm cycling tomorrow :angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire

Nae luck Ian. They do say that us older blokes should take it easy or at least warm up for longer! perhaps a ruse to get out of doing the dishes on father's day.

Anyhoo, the main bunch was a shadow of last week in terms of numbers, only 6 souls turning out, some in winter kit in June!!, for what was an enjoyable run down into Ayrshire, and it stayed mostly dry too.

Quiet roads, reasonable surfaces and a visit to the Venice cafe, need I say more. Just under 75 for the day. No bad at all.

Lumpy Largs Vegas awaits next week.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

the 9.00am start was a bit early for me on Fathers day so I opted for an unscheduled trip round the coast to Largs with Danny and Lewis. Warm welcome at the Bagel Basket where we also met a bunch of inverclyde velo (moving in on our caff? :madashell ) and then a tailwind up the Hayley.

dry and reasonably warm for november.