main bunch 29 April

Guest EPCC

• 2024 Subscriptions

Talking to Billy, Charlie, George, Marko and it seems as though there is some demand for a long day in the saddle. This is instead of the trip to Cumbria which would have been a very long day, or two if we'd stayed overnight. There are quite a few doing the Drumlanrig the week after, so a 'sportive reliability' makes sense.

We'd talked about doing the Audax, but it doesn't look as though we're organised enough to all enter. So, how about a run that follows the Audax route, but with our own tweaks and shortcuts?

Basically I'm proposing that we start at the club and head across the bridge, Glen Fruin, Rest and be Thankful, Hell's Glen, Head to the Kames hotel or similar for lunch, over the hills and back to Dunoon.

Note, this will be a steady ride with no racing allowed! (apart from when we allow it ;-) )

Show of hands please?

Hello, beer !!

• Members

Davie, I ought to be able to keep you company on Saturday if no-one else is available. I don't have any Sundays off between now and the Nove Colli.

I've had another enforced three-week lay-off due to illness - Flanders flu strikes again in April - so I'm starting from scratch, but ought to be back into it properly by this time next week.

• 2024 Subscriptions

Thats:

2 doing the Audax

2 for a Saturday ride

5 for Sunday clubrun.

If the 5 could go on Saturday, that would make a decent compact bunch. But I'm happy to go with either day.

What about the other usuals?

Greg, Alan mclean, Duncan, Andy,Colin, Tom, Paul C etc?

Hello, beer !!