Main bunch 8th April 9.00am

charlie p

Richie

I am working so won't be out its about 80 miles from miller street only three climbs two cracking decents kyber is Sharp in places but not long the crow is a long drag and the tak is a series of steps nothing as steep as last week and more recovery between the climbs and a caffeine stop to refuel good run

Good ride indeed. Nice/hard climbs.

Legs were feeling it on any inclines on the run in to Clydebank. Had to pause at a roundabout for a car

when everyone else got through which left a gap that I wasn't closing. Was bursting for a pee so just decided that it was a good time to go and made my own way home.

Formed a one man grupetto, sharing the work with myself.

Headwind along Georgetown Road pretty much destroyed me though. Knew I was feeling rough when I was taking a gel in Houston!

Back to the clubrooms about 3.15pm with 75 miles on the clock.

Home now, washing on, Roubaix to watch and as The Boss isn't here, I'll be cleaning my bike in the bath with the shower head Hello, beer !!

Cheers

Aye it wisnae bad at all. Well done to the guys relatively new to riding with the main bunch for hanging in there and getting round. 75 miles is good in anyone's book Ritchie especially with the climbs thrown in today. Headwind on the way back was a toughie. I really really really enjoyed my solo down the track - no where to hide!! Felt like a 40 minute climb. Tired legs now.

Cheers all

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alright gentlemen?

Fantastic day today. 80 miles on the clock when I got home. Cycled like pish today but rallied in the last 20 miles. Support was greatly appreciated!!!

I'm aiming to get out for theTT on Tuesday but next two Sundays I'm away so I'll miss the patter for a couple of weeks.

Not sure if it's individual or pairs for TT on Tuesday this week? If its pairs happy to buddy any singletons?.

Cheers for now

Andy Hello, beer !!

• 2023 Subscriptions

good ride and thanks to mark for towing me to the cafe stop.i should learn to pace myself,but when you got it use it.This theory is not very good for the last bit home.i will get stronger over the next few weeks and be a bit more constructive on the way home , untill then i will continue to bring lots of sweets, the speed the last lot went i am thinking i will have to bring two bags from now on! again thanks to all for a good day.

iain

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good to get back out with the Bunch. France is all very well............sunny, ........warm, .........quiet smooth roads, .......rolling hills, ...........cars giving way to cyclists, ...... no work to go to..........

Sorry, got a bit lost in the mist there.

Anyway, great run; admittedly a bit miserable after the cafe stop until we warmed up again, but hey, can't complain. Any day on the bike is a good one! Glad I peeled myself from the mattress.

Poor forecast for the rest of the week. Does that mean aero mudguards for Tuesday and Thursday?

Tom