Glasgow south cat 4 road race 27may

charlie p

Guest EPCC

Well done guys

Charlie. Happy 63 rd birthday today shoud be good training for millport

Mark my legs were crap today as well so don't worry it happens

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good effort guys. Like everyone else has said, somedays the legs are just not there!! :smash

Think of it this way, you could have had a soaking as well! :lol:8-)

Looking forward to a few more race reports. Oh ya dancer !

Mark,

As suggested I think a rest is in order and if you go out Thursday nights loiter at the back and don't work so hard.

As for my race the usual script of getting shelled halfway through the final lap continoued though not this time through my own frailities but for getting taking off by fallers in front ....bah. Was still going strong and making up places on the vertical bits at the time. No worries though great course but quite a strange race with the manic rolling country bit followed by a pedestrian pace down the 77.

Well done all of the Joansin', Charlie enjoy the vino...I know I am Hello, beer !!

D

Richard,

I didn't actually come off off ...if you know what I mean.

The lead group was climbing one of the wee rollers on the 3rd lap when there was a slow mo' crash about 3 bike lengths in front, the guys in front of me rode in to the fallen bike and came off - I tried to avoid it but somebody stepped in front of me and I rammed him up the jacksy with my RH brake hood causing me to stop and clip out. My real "winners" mentality shone through as I took the time to apologise (what for ?) and enquire as to his wellbeing before remounting and making a big effort to get back on to the bunch who were by this time a wee bit up the road. Went well for the first couple of miles but the 77 section alone into a head wind was a bit soul destroying and by the time I reached the climb to the finish couldn't muster the energy for a Gilbertesque big ring effort to the line which may have bridged the gap to 3 riders just in front of me.

Bit frustrating but good fun all the same.

D