Don Smith Memorial Ride 2012

KennyS

It's mid-February and it's the Reliability season so it must be nearly time for the Don Smith Memorial Ride

An open, unsupported, reliability ride organised by Johnstone Wheelers in memory of Don Smith, a stalwart of the club and a much respected member of the cycling community for many years.

We’d like to invite all cyclists to come along and join us for a ride – leisurely or strenuous, it’s up to you. First and foremost the Don Smith is a social event. It is not a race. It gives the opportunity to enjoy some good roads in the company of friends old and new, followed up by some excellent catering back at HQ.

This year's ride will take place on Sunday 4th March

Online Entry for the 2012 Don Smith Memorial is now available on the following link http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/ind ... Itemid=337

The diversion off the Kilmacolm - Lochwinnoch road is a mess, usual ruts and pot holes with plenty of mud on the road where cars have squeezed past each other. Have driven it twice last week, not much fun. Also pretty busy for such a narrow road. As a suggestion it might be better to route through Kilmacolm, BoW, Johnstone and Howwood. Don't know if there is a suitable route via Kibarchan which could be considered.

Cheers

M

Guys,

Not sure if I'm missing something here but the Kilmacolm - Lochwinnoch road was shut during the week. Not close in such a way you can sneak a bike around the works but completed shut. It may be I'm behind the times and it has reopened, and if so perfect, if not as I posted the diversion route is rubbish.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

I plan to do long route. The diversion on the Kilmcolm road is a pest but not too big a deal - it requires about 1 mile on a relative back road - but it should be ok in daylight as I ride it in the dark going to work.

My vote is stick to this route but I'll go with majority - the option being run into Johnstone then perhaps back road to Lochwinnoch.

Oh ya dancer !