Main Bunch 22nd Jan

Guest EPCC

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed my (half) run today. Best tactic to let the worst of the weather pass, head out and get an extended cafe stop Oh ya dancer !

Felt good today with the nice pace (tailwind assisted) but it all went wrong at Kilwinning.

I had an aversion to going down the middle of the road...like everyone else...and instead got caught up

in the traffic and consequently lost everyone!

I was 100% sure you had gone straight over at the lights...but you hadn't.

My phone was also on silent so didn't hear Mark's call.

Leaving Kilwinning on the Lochibo (?) road, my legs then died on me.

The man with the hammer came knocking, or hammering :smash

Me and 12mph then became best of friends and try as I might in the winds, alone.....I was done for :cry:

Home for about 2pm.

So, legs normally give in around the 50 mile mark but it was on 45 on the clock today.

I've spoken to my mentor and motivational coach, Skinny One Lung, and he assures me it evens out due to the higher pace. I hope to convince myself.

At least there won't be any hills in Italy...... :shock::-?

• 2023 Subscriptions
Hell of a day for me. I know I didn't mention it b4 but I have had a virus which left me a bit off form. Still managed the full 75 miles ....Charlie, as for Lewis beating you in the sprint, is that no what elbows are for?

He did take the short route home, maybe he's got a virus. Like I had. No point dwelling on it tho.

You have to be up there to give them the elbow :grin: (sorry Charlie!)

Was it only 75 miles for you lads Johnstone - Johnstone? And does that include the u turn at Fairlie back to Largs?

You lot are soooo cruel. Firstly the Ayrshire lassies get it in the neck for being too sensible at silly o'clock, then young pup Lewis cops it for whipping Charlie's butt at the 30. Hincapie has it in for a poor wee virus among other sections of wider society, and now Billy Mac takes another verbal doing for having too much cheese at lunch and being rendered incoherent as a result. Just as well there are no shrinking violets in the main bunch, big girls blouses from Ayrshire, rubbish sprinters, contagious zombies and fromage munching, tyre wrecking frog cops perhaps; but no shrinking violets. No wonder people keep turning up each week, never a dull moment in this travelling circus.

Roll on next weekend for more of the same.

'Mon the Skinnies

• 2023 Subscriptions

Phenomenal day gentlemen! I made it home at 2.30 with 140km in my legs.

Richie, glad you made it home! The horrible weather lead to an early left turn onto Dalry road.

I think George's virus decided to get off at kilbirnie! Change of pace was a killer!

See you all next week!

Andy

In my defence wrote it on the phone tiny screen no glassses

Enjoyable day though expensive crud guards 25 tyre 28 tube 5 and 20 to paul Mcd to get me home should have just got a taxi round.

Plus point wheels are stripped and drying my lovely open corsa pave will be back on the rims for next week. ;-)