Away team kit

Guest EPCC

As some of us are planning an away trip to sunny Italy i was wondering if there would be any intrest in purchasing a white club jersey .

thinking mainly white with a blue white and gold stripe round the jersey and detailed on the end of the sleve if interested post

Note you dont have to be going to get one

Committee dont want to step on toes but will take advice if it causes any issues will include club sponsers and club name on jersey

Not so sure of the need for a second jersey just for going abroad. Surely you would look to go with THE club jersey rather than a 'JWCC on tour' type

There has been discussion around various members of changing the club jersey. If it's a case of being unhappy with the current design then let's have a look at it and bring proposals forward to the committee.

I'll open another thread regarding this with guidelines for design proposals.

• 2023 Subscriptions
As some of us are planning an away trip to sunny Italy i was wondering if there would be any intrest in purchasing a white club jersey ...

Committee dont want to step on toes but will take advice if it causes any issues will include club sponsers and club name on jersey

Sorry if I'm missing something here, or if my toes are being stepped on, but we have a club jersey, to an agreed design. It changes at minimum periods (3 years, from memory?). It's recognisable in a bunch, in a race, out on the road. As KS suggests if it's going to change then there are ways to do it, so let's talk about it that way. I may be becoming a grumpy old git :-? but I'm against the idea of there being multiple jw jerseys.

m

• 2024 Subscriptions

Martin

I think Billy was merely suggesting a special jersey for those of us travelling to Italy. No one is saying that the actual club kit be altered. Italy jerseys would be just something unofficial that we decided to wear on our holiday!

I can't see any problem if those going on the trip want to do it.

Darryl

You could get the declaration of Arbroath on the back?

btw here are the words Paul:

Flower of Scotland

Lyrics

O Flower of Scotland,

When will we see

Your like again,

That fought and died for,

Your wee bit Hill and Glen,

And stood against him,

Proud Edward's Army,

And sent him homeward,

Tae think again.

The Hills are bare now,

And Autumn leaves

Lie thick and still,

O'er land that is lost now,

Which those so dearly held,

That stood against him,

Proud Edward's Army,

And sent him homeward,

Tae think again.

Those days are past now,

And in the past

They must remain,

But we can still rise now,

And be the nation again,

That stood against him,

Proud Edward's Army,

And sent him homeward,

Tae think again.

O Flower of Scotland,

When will we see

Your like again,

That fought and died for,

Your wee bit Hill and Glen,

And stood against him,

Proud Edward's Army,

And sent him homeward,

Tae think again.

• Members

we ordered special kit for a foray into the Pyrenees many moons ago . Stylish blue tartan shorts to go with club jerseys , they certainly got us noticed :lol:

we also had saltire gilets ( offishel commie games kit - from the days when we had riders in the squad)

We did register an away strip one year ( plain blue track tops with sponsors on ) as people were complaining about keeping yellow kit clean at CX and early season events. SC frowned upon it and changed rules to stop us doing it again :smash

Now I know we can't have an official away top anybody fancy a white special edition Italian trip top post below only if you want one and I will cost it

Simple design white with the Italian national colors round middle and sieve

There is a lot of discussion about whether we need an away jersey and if so what colour /design etc etc .....

This cannot be resolved by numerous postings on this form so I suggest that those club members who have an interest in it all attend the AGM on Nov 11 where this topic can be discussed afterwards.

Sketches of suggested designs could be brought along (raid the kids crayons!!) and a decision made. Would be handy to have an idea of cost as well.