Scottish Championship race, Auchentoshan

martin

• 2023 Subscriptions

I didn't take out a racing licence this year so decided to check with the organisers to see if i could get a ride.

They've confirmed that all races at this event are champ status, and so require a full licence and entry 2 weeks in advance, so will be missing out on the ravine this year :cry:

Get your entries in, racers!

M

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions
Thread bump. Postal entries only for adults AND young riders.

No longer postal only. Can enter online

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/74293/Scottish-Cyclo-Cross-Championships

Also U12 do Not need a race Licience as per email from the organiser below

Howdy, the U12 is a support race so no racing license is needed. Although my son Rowan is 2, has a full license and will be riding. :-) got it so he is insured and it puts a U16 on the clubs books. You can enter on line at BCF. See you in a month.

Regards

George Buchanan

• Committee

Kenny has kindly provisionally offered to pit crew for the vets race.

I hope to be riding the vets but would be happy to stay around and help any guys/ladies in the other races if it is as muddy as other recent races.

Suggest we get a little scrubadub team going. I can bring warm water and elbow grease.

What I would really like is one of those cool bike stands that Craig Hardie had at Strathclyde. It had a big spring-loaded arm that fired the bike out of the pits. Not kidding.

Anyone know what it was?

Anyway please post here if you are racing and/or would like to form a JWCC pit crew.

I can bring a spare MTB for youth riders if needed.

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

yes for some sort of pits arrangement - Alan was very unlucky to lose his rear mech et al - at least I didn't break anything but I did lose my granny gear for a few laps and spent long periods unable to ride without my chain jumping due to grass in rear mech

so buckets of water or something would be good - just thinking I have a pump up sprayer for spraying fences so that might be an idea.

Oh ya dancer !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

This is sounding good. Will bring the ezy-up, tools and brushes. Happy to be pit monkey to the stars. Depending on the weather, could bring a picnic too. Jdub day out!

Got at least two of my boys racing - will see if number 3 son fancies trying his first cx too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Ezy-up, portable washer, brushes, cowbell and Leffe all packed ready for tomorrow. Looking forward to being a fan / mechanic for the day. It'll be a lot easier than racing!

PS bringing my cx bike too: a spare for Lewis, but on offer to any of the mighty Jdub who are racing.

'mon the Joansin!

• Committee

Omg. I blew up badly today in the vets race. Great start and maybe tenth into the hurdles but died on the second lap and could only watch as about fifteen riders cruised past me.

This was the Nationals and doubtless attracted a very strong field but I was soundly thrashed.

Anyway the best bit was Martin kindly giving me an immaculate bike every lap! How cool is that? I think this bought a couple of minutes overall and probably saved a mech. Lots of breakages today in very gloopy mud.

So special thanks to Martin who tells me he is here til Thursday and does bar mitzvahs and christenings.

Also had a lovely glass of cool leffe for me at the finish.

Did I mention the sleet and hail?

Need youths' and David's reports from the other races now.

Alan

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Need youths' and David's reports from the other races now.

Alan

And what about the pit monkey's eye view? Smashing time at the champs today on bike duties for Danny, Lewis and Alan. May have found my optimal role in CX! Some teams taking it very seriously: petrol driven bike washers, full bike stand and field workshop set up, but a great atmosphere and some good banter.

Fun jostling for position with the clean bikes as the bunch came through each lap. Saw some interesting variants in bike hand off styles, some good, some less so. Would rate the Mr McLean / Mulhooligan team as a 7/10, Mulhooligan Jr / Mulhooligan as an 8.5 or a 9 :-P

Good pic of Alan getting the bike ready for washing here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64825496@N ... 8277670951

Oh and the Leffe: Belgium or Clydebank. What's the difference? Hello, beer !!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Super hard. Think I was the very last rider to finish but we will see. Start was terrible and after being taken out by a rider who then landed on my back wheel and dislodged it Im pretty sure I was the last rider on the course. Chugged round getting muddier and slower and was completely done by the end. Oh ya dancer !

Think Il get some good summer training done next year and be back for some more with it more in mind. :grin:

David