Arran again

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Its my OCD again

I'm thinking about the weekend of 10th/11th Sep.

There is the Sat morn - Georgetown TT - which I thought I would do (last individual TT for me was > 10 years ago!)

Sunday - the Arran challenge. You all know the script by now and probably sick reading it. It would be 9.30am ferry - target return on 12.30pm.

This would be an excellent team event to round out the summer.

Anyone fancy this date?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hurrah - OCD cured - made it round between ferries with a couple of minutes to spare. Headed south into wind off the ferry. After 15 miles or so Charlie decided the weather and ambience was so magnificent he would admire the views over the String and his loyal domestique son (who hopes to run off to Spain with the family Scott Addict) decided to improve his chances by accompanying him. At Blackwaterfoot Darryl had similar thoughts and headed up the String on his tod to dream about future conquests on his Chinarello which we all viewed on his phone and drooled.

The foundations of success were laid on the 20 mile run up the flat west coast where the 4 muskateers had a technically excellent single pace line at a steady 26-28mph. It all got a bit difficult when we turned into the wind to climb out of Lochranza, but with excellent teamwork it was mission accomplished. So chapeau to Alan - a strong ride building on the recent criterium form, Fergus - who was nervous beforehand but will not be next time after that performance, and Davie B - who truly turned himself inside out to make the ferry.

Pure dead brilliant

Oh ya dancer !

need to work on next challenge now!

The tale of the tape from the Garmin gizmo...

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/111805167

Cracking day with I presume Arran rarely looking finer in the dappled late summer sunshine though the tyre in front was my main focus of the day. Have to say a Harmonesque chapeau to the 3 super strong guys of the day Paul McD, Alan and Fergus for getting me through my near collapse on the Lochranza climb (horrendous!!) and pacing me back to the ferry. The way these guys were riding they would have had time for a cafe stop half way round, bacon butties and all!!

D

• Committee

Great idea and execution. Excellent teamwork and good sensations all round. I made it 2.39 for the 56 miles. Awaiting davie's satnav upload.

Even a pause of five minutes would have stopped us making the ferry.

Yes the long west road gave epic riding conditions with sunshine, slight tailwind, long sight lines and a very smooth pace line which ate up the miles.

Next year.

Alan