Hairy or bald?

Richie Cross

Hi folks,

As the weather is improving and following from a chat I had with Mark O on the last ride,

what's the club ratio for non shavers to shavers?

I have in the past, when I was younger, as I felt 'more like a cyclist' but realised that some don't bother.

I personally don't like the look of my own hairy legs in cycling shorts...added with their whiteness! 8-) and in planning

for my Pyrenees trip in June, my mate said he'll be shaving.

Do we have a mix in the club or is it a must?

While I don't have great legs (looks or power) will I be gently mocked for doing it!

and for all the baldies....what top tips do you have? :grin:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2023 Subscriptions

Biily said

I shaved them last year mainly to allow rubing sun cream and things cut

My legs to bits will do them again this year but will wax for the first one of the year

I shaved them last year mainly to allow rubing sun cream and things cut

My legs to bits will do them again this year but will wax for the first one of the year

C'mon Billy, you trying to say you shave your legs every time you go on holiday ? sun cream, aye right :-o C'mon admit it, its just a pose thing, the pro's claim it's for easy massage, but let's face it, be true to yourself Billy, it's just cos it's the done thing :lol::lol:

IainNo not for all holidays only bike ones so that I look like a pro as you know appearances can be you know the rest

Might try the hair removal. cream Ramsay what do you recommend

• 2023 Subscriptions

I shave almost all the way, im unfortunaetly very hairy! So top of the thigh does it. With a buffer zone, stuble next to...eh...well..isnt too comfy :s

As for method, I shave, but have tried cream, and infact was reading up about this, womens razors are apprently much better! Designed for the job at hand!!

Greg

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yes, every year for 20 years!

Absolute pre requisite to be a cyclist - for lots of good reasons like ? ! ?...

First shave of the season electric clippers with no fitting then razor/foam. After that just a razor and foam.

To a couple of inches above short line.

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Meant say that in my opinion, avoid an epilator! It is a torture device that doesn't really work very well for me. It also gave a lot of rash!

I use Veet sensitive and find that much better than anything else.

As for how far? I go toes to boxer short line (not keen on Hobbit feet or "hairy shorts" on the upper legs). :shock:

Cheers,

R

Been years since I have gone all svelt of leg. Did half of one leg due to very sticky taped support being put on by physio to sort out ankle problem only 6 weeks before going to Florida. Regrowth didn't meet with Wife's approval and made me go to barbers to get other leg "trimmed" to even things up. Took pelters for ages. If it has to be done then it has to be done. However, there are possibilities to take this topic further.

1 - charity defuzz - all the rage apparently but only if pain invovled, method of defuzzing should be optional

2 - speed defuzzing - fastest razor in the west title. New Zealander and Aussie shepherds to have time handicap

3 - prize weigh in - would need to impose height/leg length categories. Most shorn fuzz wins

4 - John Smith prize for smoothest finish - on second thoughts judge(s) might be hard to find, then again maybe not

5 - Desperate Dan prize for most nicks/missed bits/general stubble and poorest overall look.

Just a few random thoughts/ideas. Would be a definite step up from Saturday evening TV

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Can't wait to see the full interview on Belgian TV.

"So Mr Muirhead, how did you prepare for 'de Ronde', the toughest of all the Classics?"

I use Veet sensitive and find that much better than anything else.

As for how far? I go toes to boxer short line (not keen on Hobbit feet or "hairy shorts" on the upper legs). :shock:

Cheers,

R

just read all the posts so far i could hardly read them for laughing

why to men talk about the strangest things is the comment i'm getting

over my shoulder from someone that it comes naturally to ???

the suggestion is for me to go and get it done by a professional

don't think so ramsays cream idea sounds the bizz

will have to scour the wife and daughters cupboards to see if they have any

don't fancy walking inti boots to buy it

thanks for the laughs

brian

Hello, beer !!Hello, beer !!

I was thinking the same Brian :)

I was also wondering where our lady members are to offer their advice and expertise!

Are they just reading our posts for amusement! :)

I like Mark's idea about doing a possible fundraising thing. Would this have to be done sooner rather

than later before legs are prepped for shorts?!

I have endured hours of tattooing on me....but I'm scared at the thought of waxing!! :shock::lol:

Oh......Argos own brand value clippers for £6.99 :grin:

• Life Members

It's great to see & hear that cycling brings out the feminine side in all of us. :lol:

Personally, I only do it during the summer when wearing shorts. Wet & foam shave with Philips men electric shaver.......bit time consuming. :shock:

Generally, how frequently does this strange ritual need to take place ???

Iain, I think someone is thinking about doing it! :lol:

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well Chung, curiosity is getting the better of me, would hate to think i was missing out on something :oops: , but at the same time i canny be bothered shaving my face everyday never mind my legs, hence the reason i was asking about the regularity required....Are we talking once a week, once a month ???

Ian.... :lol:

• Life Members

Ian, about once a week just the night before I go out every Sunday.

Com'on Ian, you know you want it! :icon_yes

Kay, this is a serious issue here. When Richie asked for input from lady members, I think we were expecting constructive advise, not ridicule! Nothing's THAT funny !

Cheers