Ayr to Newton Stewart & back

Tony

Thanks guys. Quite a good turnout today - 17 riders I think. Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. I've never had "High Tea" on a club-run before but it's an experience I intend to repeat :grin:

A couple of improvements for next year:

1. Earlier start (maybe 9am) to beat the churchgoers. Why should God have all the best parking spaces?

2. I will see if the Cree Inn will let us place our food orders in advance - I see no reason why we couldn't get a menu up front and phone the orders in before we set off, for example.

Big thanks from me too.

brilliant day out and the first club run i've been on all year (i know, i know). i had a superb time. honestly think this has given me back my cycling mojo, which i must have lost during the winter....well you know how cold it got this year :grin:

cu all soon,

al.

Nice to see that others were tired too! Two seasons in one day. Imagine wearing full winter gear in the middle of June and still feeling cold! Nice in the afternoon, though.

I enjoyed the day immensely but found the hills and speed variations on the constant wee rises very hard on the tandem. The trouble is, to Aileen, it was nae bother! Must be to do with the 14 hours she put in on the turbo last week; to my 1.25 hours on the bike. :shock:

Thanks, Tony, for a great day. Yes, the cafes were just what we needed, when we needed them.

Wasn't it fantastic sailing along in a bunch of 17? I know Aileen, John, Dave and Paul had a great day too.

Roll on next year.

Dennis