August 25 Tuesday 18:30 2-Up TT #1 Westferry due to roadwork

Frank

Guys,

I noticed that there's roadworks on the Georgetown Road today as I drove to work, complete with temporary traffic lights.

I don't know how long the roadworks are scheduled to last but probably best if an alternative venue is chosen, or cancel tomorrow's event.

Frank

• 2023 Subscriptions

not very big works but enough to impact times, seen as there is lights, its on the return leg after the rise up before the trees of the ROF.

Pushing back the 2 ups a week is that an idea? Or traffic manipultaion, some one directs the traffic instead of the lighs so people get times? even though this is illegal :-?

Greg

• Administrators

Looks like the westferry 10 course may not be an option. Just passed and the cones are out westbound between woodhall and newark roundabouts, scottish water van and digger there.

Should still be able to go with the suggestion of 7.5 and turn at woodhall/parklea roundabout.

Also cones out eastbound between langbank and slip road for more verge clearing but that should be gone before this evening.

Venue - Westferry

Time - 6:15pm for a 6:30pm start

Course / Distance - To Be Confirmed (I'll do a recce early on to see the extent of the roadworks)

I will also have club kit for those who have still to pick theirs up. Would appreciate if this could be soon as I am having to take the car to events with the box of kit rather than riding

Kenny

The Results

Too unorganised to get the bike out so ended up timekeeping. No ideas what the conditions were like but the display in the car said 15 degrees and the river was almost pond still

Decison was made to ride the shortened course to Wooodhall and back to keep some distance consistency with the rest of the series. If I was riding I would have insisted on riding the full 25 course since it was obviously such a fast night. Cyclists nowadays, when I was a lad, 6 soaking wet, etc,,,,,,,, ;-)

Thanks to Janice and Kay for their assistance

Lance (Pd) and Jonathan (Pd) 19mins 40secs

Stuart (Pd) and Greg 18mins 06secs

Mike (Pd) and McGinty (Pd) 17mins 59 secs

David and Uncle Campbell 17mins 57secs

Vicky (Pd) and Kenny C (Pd) 16mins 22secs

Frank (on an almost well used bike) 16mins 34secs Oh ya dancer !

James MacD 16mins 50secs

£21.00 received

Georgetown next week. Any volunteers for timekeeping?

Thanks for timekeeping Kenny.

I dont what the other teams felt but this is the first time i've ridden the west ferry as a TT and thought it was quite a good course, i felt that the cars gave myself and Jonathan more than ample room.

My 1st TT of any description in 2 or 3 years and i still love em! Does that mean i'm a sadist? lol :roll: