APR Thursday 26th. June

Kenny MacDonald

• 2024 Subscriptions
hoping to come along, what time does it start and where is the best place to leave a car?

cheers

duncan

Hi Duncan

it starts at 7pm outside the scout camp (peeswick?). I think you can actually park your car there, although I think they need some advance notice for parking (Kenny?). Failing that, Robertson car park is fine.

Cheers

Darryl

:-o your letting the side down Colin :grin: Man flu if you have means you should not be able to even have the powers to get on your pc :shock:

Even if you was on your Sofa watching the unemployment TV Shows and you saw a £50.00 note flapping about in your garden you should not be able to get up and grab it cause you have man flu :lol:

#unless according to Davy Raymond your names Stevie Blom Oh ya dancer !

Guest DavieR

Any excuse will do for Colin to jump on his bike, so if he says he has man flu he must be very ill indeed.

I remember in the distant past Mr. Blom refusing to come out on a gentle Tuesday evening run, when asked why he said, "I've got wummin flu."

Whats wummin flu we asked?

"Oh," says Mr. Blom, "the same as man flu, high temperature, fever, shivering and every time I pass a shoe shop I go in and ask if they sell Sidi high heel shoes!!

Good ride on Tuesday Mr. Blom, and to everyone else, PBs all round.

• 2023 Subscriptions

:oops::oops::oops::oops:

memo: if daryl suggests going in the first group- take it!

Good evening and a fast frist lap until I was dropped for the second time after the horse caused a gap to open, no way back..

Never mind, give it a time trial effort and see what happens. Second lap enjoying the view rather than someones backside then past a waving Kenny MacD, by the time I had turned round he had gone. Reversed the course and joined the chasing group for faster return than I was making alone.

Enjoyed it but hard work.

holiday next week hopefully be out later in july

cheers

duncan

• Committee

Lovely bright evening after a grey morning.

Nice big turn out folks. Five chasing three after a five minute gap. We caught the first bunch after two laps. Darryl then split the group with an attack on the short, uphill, southerly straight and pulled us all onto the wee road where he punctured.

Ramsay and I had a 30m gap on the chasing bunch so I just followed R who dug hard while our lead increased. Then shared effort back to the main road. Darryl fixed his flat and cut through to join us towards the end , fresh as a daisy, and put in a few teasing accelerations. I was cooked as we passed Lapwing Lodge for the last time and Ramsay had no problem pulling away to the finish.

Great way to spend a Thursday evening. All this and TdF next weekend. Woo and hoo.

A

• 2023 Subscriptions

It was a great night. Perfect way to unwind after a long day at work.

Must work on my sprinting though! I think slowly and noisily shifting to 53x11 on a slight rise into a headwind is not the way to do it. :-? Found myself doing the same speed, but with very sore legs. I thought I could "wind it up", but it felt like I was going backwards. :shock:

Hope to see everyone again next week.

R

• Members

Sorry I was late guys caught up in family things, joined in for a quick burst with first group who were working well. Scratch group was flying when they caught first group Oh ya dancer !

Everyone working hard which is what is required in a training run Hello, beer !!

Unfortunately we are away to Skye on Wed. for a couple of weeks so wont be out for a while.

• 2024 Subscriptions
It was a great night. Perfect way to unwind after a long day at work.

Must work on my sprinting though! I think slowly and noisily shifting to 53x11 on a slight rise into a headwind is not the way to do it. :-? Found myself doing the same speed, but with very sore legs. I thought I could "wind it up", but it felt like I was going backwards. :shock:

Hope to see everyone again next week.

R

The sprint was downhill Ramsay ;-)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Darryl,

The sprint was downhill Ramsay

I started my sprint on the rise up to the finish about 200 - 300metres before the line! That shows how ineffective it was, if you didn't even notice! :oops:

By the time we got to the downhill bit my legs were like two blocks of lead.

Would like to say lesson learned, but there is every chance I'll do the same again next week! :roll:

R :grin:Oh ya dancer !