Confined race this Sunday

Kenny MacDonald

• Life Members

Pardom my ignorance, but what is this APR thing-wee? And is it on this Saturday or Sunday?

As my wife and Sean (my boy) is going back to Hong Kong to visit my in-laws, so I have 4 weeks of serious PLAY-TIME.

Cheers for reply.

Chung

Chung

Have a look at http://johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/development_display.php

and scroll down to the APR section. Also there are some posts about this here:- http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/php ... php?t=1581

and some other stuff in the confined events section.

Kayleigh

The long and short of it is I have no idea. As development officer I probably should know but this area is a bit of a minefield which is why the club (or me to be precise) at the moment aims to develop the over 18s! I'm sure Kenny through his work with go-bike and riderz will know the answer but I guess it's something along the lines of:-

It's a club training event NOT a race.

You should have a parent or guardian present (but I have no idea if this means at the start / finish line or 2 metres behind you (which I guess excludes your dad ;-) ))

I know this doesn't help very much - can anyone else shed light on this??

SH

• Life Members

Sounds like more pain, I go for the APR then cause I've never done one before. See you all there!

By the way where is Gateside Village hall? Do we still meet up at the clubroom at 9.30am, and cycle there? Anybody?

Cheers

Chung

Here is a link for Gateside. The village hall is opposite the pub (Gateside Inn) and there is a small car park here and I would think space to park on the main road outside the pub also.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&GridE=-4.60870&GridN=55.74870&lon=-4.60870&lat=55.74870&place=Gateside,North+Ayrshire&db=freegaz&scale=100000&search_result=Gateside%2CNorth%20Ayrshire&lang=&db=freegaz&keepicon=true

The start is on the first small road on the right hand side heading east. There is a big whisky bond sign at the junction.

The course is a 3 sided loop starting at the top left hand corner on the attached map heading SE along Sharon St, turn left along A736 Lochlibo Rd (Irvine - Barrhead Road), past Tracey's yard and turn left onto B777 at the Paraffin Lamp. Turn back into Sharon St again at Whisky Bond Sign and do it all again and again and again

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=237500.038610969&Y=652500.826281322&width=500&height=300&gride=236360.038610969&gridn=653674.826281322&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=freegaz&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=true&zm=0&scale=50000&right.x=2&right.y=94

• Committee

I'll come and would like to do an APR but I don't believe it's not a race. I've only done three bunch rides this spring with the club but they all ended with a testosterone-fuelled blast. Looking forward to it.

Duncan (above) and I should form our own lardynovice group with a 100m exclusion zone. (Sorry Duncan but the truth sometimes hurts).

Do folk recommend mudguards for this or should I bring the nice summer bike? Advice welcome.

Guest Jim Daly

Being left for dead at the Don Smith on the outskirts of Erskine came as a bit of a shock :shock: .

I'll be using my summer moped on Sunday.

Jim

ps Clocks change this weekend :!:

Kenny

There's been a few enquiries about mudguards. It's officially summertime on Sunday - does that mean mudguards are officially not necessary or would you recommend looking out the window and making a sensible decision?

PS If work's quiet I'll try and get along and take some pictures of you all for the records - so remember and wear the club kit!! :smash

I'll be at Gateside with all the clothing orders. Should you want to come armed with a cheque then you are welcome to pick it up. I have only had Jim Daly saying he will pick his up from there. Failing that reply to the personal message you have been sent. I can't hang around as I have to be in Knightswood at 11:45.