PARIS BREST PARIS 1200KM - 16th August 2015

PARIS BREST PARIS 1200KM - 16th August 2015

The 18th running of the Paris Brest Paris randonneur start for me on Sunday 16th august at 17:45

1200 km between Paris and Brest in France to complete within 90 hours maximum. Start and arrival at saint-Quentin-en-yvelines – vélodrome national à montigny-le-bretonneux.

Organized every 4 years since 1931 by the audax club parisien. I will be among thousands of other riders from all over the world who want to participate in this mythical event in order to join the long list of successful randonneurs who have contributed to the legend of the Paris-Brest-Paris randonneur this will be my 3 ride as I completed it in 2003 in 78 hours & 2007 in 76 hours. I have only the ambition to complete it this time so will hope to finish on Thursday morning at 09:00.

If you wish to see how I am going, go to the website link below and my frame number is H217 & you should see how or not I am getting on. Let’s hope for average weather as my first was in the stifling heat & the second was on the wind & rain.

http://www.paris-brest-paris.org/index2.php?lang=en&cat=randonnee&page=suivi_participants

To get myself ready for this you have get a comfy bike for starters, then be able to cycle 745 miles in less than 90hr at this stage I have covered over 6000 mile since my first qualifying ride in 8th march with the longest single ride being 373miles, on the wind down now only 100 mile ride at the weekend. Let’s hope the Johnstone fly in Paris. See me? See happy?

Campbell