Sunday 23rd Main Bunch Ride

Sunday's offering is a flat run down to Largs (BB cafe stop), West Kilbride, Dalry, Barrmill (along the lower half of the Barrmill circuit), Gateside, Howwood via the Bowfield back to Johnstone.

09.30 roll out from Miller Street and I suppose we can pick up the sleepyheads going thru Bishy. 

Usual steady winter pace. Perhaps a sprint at Largs and from Howwood to Johnstone.

5 day forecast indicates fair weather - dry and light winds.

Who's riding?

George, YOU, are a BAD MAN!!!!!!

LBL is nearly 5 months away!!!!!! Steady pace until the turn of the year I should think, before we start considering upping the mileage quite a bit week on week and adding in some climbs rather than increasing the pace. I can't imagine anyone treating LBL as a sprint (PMcD excluded of course, evening Sir). Seems common sense to me to be able to do the miles first in this case before attempting to race over them.

To save the usual  "too fast/too slow" debate, if you feel strong buddy up with someone who feels similarly good and do longer turns into the head wind. If the general pace is too hard then sit in and work to get fitter and up to bunch speed.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great day for the bike. All day in the sun in November!! Had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. 20 miles from home though my legs confirmed that I was not dreaming. OK on the flat but was going backwards on the slightest incline.

Thanks for the tow Iain!