Main bunch 27 July

charlie p

• Life Members

Charlie,

We can avoid the Glen Fruinn descend if we choose to turn right onto the short single track road (just before the climb) which will bring you out onto the main "Military Road" (I think its the A817) then turn left for a quick descend into the Garelochead round-about.

Can I assume a Cafe stop at Balloch? :-)

Cheers

Chung

• Committee

posh coffee at cameron house hotel beach cafe with verandah and views of your yacht.

Cannot work out route, does it climb glen fruin from west or east? The simplest route is a clockwise circle turning right up g fruin at faslane but it is another big loop north to get over g douglas and back to loch lomond. or maybe I am just complicating things

I should add that I may not be there.

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alan

Up Sinclair st on to Luss road turn left in to glenFruin follow rd down to Gareloch then proceed along A814 beside loch long then turn right on to Tulloch rd ( glen Douglas) takes u to Inverbeg then a "Some like it hot"moment at Luss bay. So to answer your question going east to west on Glen Fruin

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great ride today

The weather gods brought a bit of rain but not enough to dampen our spirits. Ritchie and Allan headed home after glen fruit and the rest of us headed to glen Douglas which welcomes u with a very steep start. Pleased to report no I accidents and no mechanicals. The cafe in Balloch is a little cracker. Special mention to Emma who just gets stronger every week.