Pssst - Tuesday evening covert sewing bee

Mark O

Charlie - usual start? Was thinking of a slightly truncated route given the fading light now. Possible left turn once out of Dunlop taking the Neilston road into Neilston and then onto Barrhead. Will decide on the night. Lights front and back a must.

Darryl might joins us.

James, you're far too polite. You are a wheeler and have 2 wheels thus you're more than welcome and indeed entitled to come along. 6.20 at the traffic lights at the entrance to Morrisons. On a par with the pace from Saturday, perhaps a little quicker. The group generally stays together until the latter half of the climb out of Stewarton and regroups after the descent. Before that we will ease up a little over ramps to allow bodies to get back on. Not eyeballs out but a strong pace.

Looks fair out at present - ideal conditions. I think the intention should be to get the usual route done. I'd bring lights (front and rear) for the dash for home gents.

James based on your efforts on Saturday and again this evening you're doing pretty good. As I said on the other thread get into the main bunch and do a winter of long steady miles to build endurance and become accustom to the cruising speed. Once that foundation is established you can build in the higher intensity efforts and be able to keep going. Speak to Billy mac about turbo work.

look at the improvement in Alan T and Alan McL. Both rode their way into the main bunch and made notable gains. Alan McL rode Paris Roubaix this year. All good and you'd be a welcome addition to the miserable collective that is the main bunch.

M

Enjoyed it, good to get out on new routes (for me) and good a good crack with you all. So thanks and look forward to next time.

I hit the wall towards the end and the last 5 miles on me jack jones was fun!

James, I thought you rode well and like Mark says a winter packed with steady miles will pay dividends for next year.