30 milers March 16th, incorporating the Restricted Gear Time Trial

GrahamF

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'm planning on calling by the club rooms on the way to the Time Trial and calling in at the cafe at Lochwinnoch afterwards. Including around 10 miles for the time trail, and depending on the route chosen after Lochwinnoch this should come in at about 30 miles.

9 o'clock at Miller St. if anyone would like to join me for a gentle 'warm up' run to the start of the TT.

Graham.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Karen,

I've done a couple on Georgetown Road (Inchinnan to Houston) in previous years, but not this one though I've been on all the roads that it uses! You went on some of it on the reliability run to Moscow, it does undulate but nothing to serious - and that means there are some downs where you can have a rest!

To me it's about the fun of taking part, being restricted to a low gear won't make the ups any more difficult!

Karen,

Go along and give it a bash. The confined events are all about putting down a personal marker against which you can compete against. There will undoubtedly be a little bit of rivalry between guys and girls who ride in the same bunch but nothing more than bragging rights on the ride home.

Don't let the thought of hills or undulations put you off. Always good to get your first confined event under your belt and generally speaking you'll do better than you imagine you will.

Mark

• 2023 Subscriptions

Route is from opposite the side road at the Hessilhead Woods on the B777 up to Glennifer road, take a left and go as far as the crossroads, take a left on to the B776, ride for approx 1 mile, take a left on to a single track road just before the B776 swings sharply up to the right towards Greenacres, follow this back to the B777, turn left , go past the start and dae it aw again....simples

Google what ive just said...

McGinty

• 2023 Subscriptions

Len,

I was was thinking of the cafe at the loch, The Junction cafe doesn't have much room to park bikes :-(

Alan,

Yes that's the way I am thinking of going.

Ian,

Your description of the route seems to correspond with the MapMyRide route that Greig linked to in the main TT post.