Don Smith Memorial Ride 2014

KennyS

First outing on the bike for a while and really enjoyed it bar my snapped spoke and 2 punctures within about 3 miles of each other.

Forgive me if I've got any names wrong but thanks to Mike for staying back with me and the expert knowledge from the two Ian's, Al and Kenny (who past at the second puncture stop) to get my bike going again so I could finish the last 20 miles or so. I'll get the pints in if I see you out and about.

As for Kenny I should have asked at the time but what kind of pump is it you had today, think mine is getting lobbed in favour of that one ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Jody

Ps thanks to all for organising, it was first shot at the Don Smith but won't be my last.

BIG effort from a number of members to put the event on today

Particular mention to Ramsay for giving up his Friday morning and Saturday afternoon to carry out risk assessments, as well as Big Al who was out early doors this morning to drive round the Medium route to carry out the re-assessment

Thanks also to AlanT, Greig, Jann for all their help with the sign-on

The Milligans at Lochbarr were their usual accommodating selves with some fine catering which takes a lot of pressure of the club

It was a pleasure to have Dot Smith along to see all the riders off and also fantastic to hear how Dot still takes an interest in the club as a whole

It was great to see so many faces from different clubs supporting the event, mostly local but others from afar as Perthshire and Edinburgh

Final figures on monies raised will be advised as soon as we can figure out how much we have to pay BC for insurance and admin fees (a necessary evil for Open Reliabilities in this day and age)

Sitting enjoying a beer

Gang Forward!

A civilised social paced ride round the coast was my plan..........thanks Charlie!!!!!!!

Really good turn out. Well done KennyS and your band of organisers. A chapeau from this parish.

Hope the lad who went down isn't too bashed up and is back in the saddle soon.

M

ps Nice to see Squire Christie again.

Three Towns Bypass? Didn't know that was on the route!

Smashing run which I thoroughly enjoyed. Left early with Ironman, caught by the main bunch breakaway riders on Phil's Folly. Might have made it ahead of them if we hadn't gone through the 3 towns.

Cheers Campbell for the usual 69 mile lead-out!

• Committee

Middle group rode steady just off the back of the youth riders who managed to get lost on the A78 and then charged past us on Haylie.

Big thanks to Mike who kindly stayed with Jody to sort out spoke and puncture.

I rode back from Lochwinnoch to Kilmacolm and enjoyed meeting several straggler Wheelers still heading south behind the main bunch after mechanicals.

Alan