THE DRUMLANRIG TEARFUND CHALLENGE - Saturday 3rd May 2014

• Life Members

Chaps,

I sent a cheque to them more than a month ago but still no reply if I'm in or what, I haven't checked whether the cheque has been cashed or not.

My question is, do you get a reply through email or post? Also, if I want to contact the organiser, how do I do it? Can't seem to find a contact detail apart from the mailing address - have I missed something?

Thanks

Chung

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The entry list is now on the website.

Johnstone wheelers has 22 entries, but just pipped for the biggest club award by Honister 92 who have 24.

I am planing an October event from Moffat. Just under 50 miles and including the Beeftub and Talla climbs, details available soon.

I still have a few places on the Tour of the isles should anyone fancy a tour on a lightweight bike with luggage transported and meals provided.

Dave Moss

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Hi,

As I am intending to do the full 100 miles this time, can someone tell me what speed I should be aiming to do the first 60 miles at to be sure of getting out for the final loop.

Thanks,

James

They aim to get people arriving between 12 and 1 for the lunch break so stagger the starts for this (they dont start the afternoon lap until after 1) but if you are outside this then its ok too - latest start for the afternoon loop is 2.30pm so as long as you average about 12mph you'll have time to complete the morning loop plus also have time for a lunch break. Obviously you'll be able to go slower than this too but that will cut into the cake eating opportunities!

• 2 weeks later...

They aim to get people arriving between 12 and 1 for the lunch break so stagger the starts for this (they dont start the afternoon lap until after 1) but if you are outside this then its ok too - latest start for the afternoon loop is 2.30pm so as long as you average about 12mph you'll have time to complete the morning loop plus also have time for a lunch break. Obviously you'll be able to go slower than this too but that will cut into the cake eating opportunities!

Thanks, this is very herlpful. Well, hallawrerr china!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I plan to leave Bridge of Weir around 6.30am to arrive around 8am at Drumlanrig so as to start at 8.30am. I wont be driving fast as I am counting the pennies at present but I have room in the car for anyone wanting a lift. If no-one wants a lift then I will take a spare bike in the car in case I need it, but am happy to lend it to anyone else if they have a problem. I intend doing the 100 miles so I will be coming home at the end of the day (not too late I hope). Let me know if you want a lift.

Regards,

James