THE DRUMLANRIG TEARFUND CHALLENGE - Saturday 3rd May 2014

From David Moss:

As a thank you for your support over the years, Johnstone Wheelers members can enter the Drumlanrig sportive. The form is attached.

Tearfund are helping in the relief and reconstruction effort in the Philippines and your entry donations will be forwarded as soon as possible after receipt.

Any JC club members can use this form and enter early.

Dave Moss

Entry Form 2014 advance.pdf

I did it this year and thoroughly enjoyed it. The first section of 68 miles riding in various groups was fine but after a break for (too many) cakes the second section of 35 miles riding alone felt all uphill and always into a headwind and I was pretty gubbed by the end. About 6,000 feet of climbing.

Well organised event, great route with fantastic home baking and for an excellent charity.

I'm going to do it again in 2014. From Dave's message I think they're looking for early entries to raise money for the Philippines so I'm going to enter now.

I'll probably do it just for the day out meandering the hills and make a donation to a good cause.

Mark,

Do you mean you're entering or just doing it on another date?

Also, I seem to have that weekend off...at the moment...so I'd be up for it with a couple of non Wheelers.

Can anyone remember when entries should be in by? I know earlier the better but I couldn't remember if they had a cut off date/numbers?

Cheers

I'll be sending my form off this week. I know we, The Wheelers, have early entry forms but what about a couple of my non Wheeler mates?

Does anyone know if they have to wait, and til when, or could they put JWCC as their club to make sure they got in?

Didn't want to make plans with them and then I get in and they don't etc.

I thank you :)

Think I'll have a go at this again, thank god I've got the compact for this time(just need to get a frame to go with it 😱😱😱)

How much is everyone donating ? I hate when they don't just charge a set fee. Don't want to be stingy ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Jody

How hard is the 100 mile challenge on a scale from 1-10?

Mmm, obviously depends on your fitness, if your legs are used to that kind of mileage and how fast you plan to go!

The route is ok. From memory, the hardest part is the climb up to Wanlockhead but I think there was another longish slog near the end.

Remember that it's 65 miles then a stop for lunch. You get well fed and can take as little or as long as you want before doing the 35 mile loop.

You can sign up for the full route and not do the 35 if you're not feeling up for it.

On a scale of 1-10...I think it might've been a 6 or 7 when I did it but that was my first century and wasn't balls out.

James

It's a hard ride if you ride it hard put some miles in between now and then and you will be fine

The morning is fine with one steep climb early in and one long drag latter on

The second part is hard a long climb into the wind all the way up to warnochhead and then draggy climbs into the wind before a fantastic decent

It's a nice route and great cakes