Sunday 15th Sept 13 - Troon - the long way

Mark O

me pease !

Was wondering if u would like to alter the way

Back as to goin left at hazeldene and over some more undulating rds or maybe even a detour twards kilbirnie up swinlees regroup at top and then race down largs rd into kilbirnie for the thirty sign to add more hills and fun!

Then if u wanted head up milton rd over some more easy hills nothin to severe and head to lochwinch gc, and then u have option to go howood,johnstone just a suggestion to make it interestin on way home

John

John, return route from Troon is conveniently vague. We can factor in a route change to get us to Dalry - Kilmaurs and Irvine Road, across Lochlibo Road and pick up the road for Dalry off the Barmill circuit, emerging either at the Blair or Highfield. The Gumley lad can detour for W. Kilbride and the rest of us can do the Swinlees road and drop back into God's Town. Track back to Johnstone me thinks after that.

I think the road between Kilbirnie and Lochwinnoch GC is one even Davy B would only do on a crosser. Last time I drove it, it was pants. The section past Redheugh was resurfaced up as far as the Stockbrig turn but beyond I don't know. We'll see who is riding and what nick everyone is in and take a view.

There are some very nice roads if you go Kilmaurs, Torranyard, Benslie to Kilwinning.

Even better if you then head cross country from Ardeer to intersect the Dalry/Saltcoats road just above the main rounabout (you come out just before the point where you drop down to the coast). Good road surfaces & very few cars.

Having said that don't know if I will be out ;)

Andy

You should be tapering for Sunday best practice suggests rest day two days before day before short high intensity session the remainder of the week should be at least 50% less volume same intensity

Andy

You should be tapering for Sunday best practice suggests rest day two days before day before short high intensity session the remainder of the week should be at least 50% less volume same intensity

Is it just me or is this gibberish? :huh: