WOSCA RR Wed 7th

P McDonald

• Life Members

Chaps,

Can someone direct me to the route of this race please. I can't seem to find the race route on the BC website, all I know sign-on in Fenwick.

I might come down & give you guys abuse ..... sorry encouragement :grin: along the route!

Cheers

Chung

What can one say was looking forward to this flat course all day only to find that due to road works it was moved to the Moscow circuit

So to the race well not even the race as it was a bonkers ride to the star 30 mph slow Dow speed up slow down my legs were done and we hadn't started

The race started and as usual I was lurking at the back legs were ok not good (Arran ) was fine until there was a we pull through the village it caught in too big a gear so lost a wheel tried to get back on but failed past Iain and Colin and just mashed my way round on my own finished just before dark o clock recon must have been at least 10 mins down

Getting fitter only problem season is nearly over there's always next year

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great to see Chung, Richard and Hugh supporting Joansin tonight!

Interesting race tonight. As Billy says we're all looking forward to the two roundabouts on a sunny, dry and relatively calm evening but roadworks meant doing 6 laps of the Moscow circuit. Neutralised zone was anything but neutralised. I clocked over 40 kph from Fenwick to the right hand turn onto the circuit. First lap was hard. Pace was very strong. I dropped from the front end of the bunch to further back for Laps 2, 3 and 4 before starting to move towards the front again. Laps were hectic between the road surface, parked cars and oncoming traffic. Found myself too far forward on lap 5 and though I had gubbed myself. Final sprint at the finish was packed and chaotic. Having to use breaks less than 50 metres from the line! Great fun. No crashes. Good turn out on and off the circuit from JWCC!

Andy

The change of course did not help but won't use that as an excuse. The ' neutralised' section was certainly chaotic and it distracted me from my game plan of starting near the front ( turns out everyone had the same idea) . This meant I was struggling to make up ground on the climb. Having not been able to look at a profile I just didn't pace myself well going up to the village and when the bunch turned the corner I was duly pumped. Mental note to myself - make sure you are fresh going into the next race. Still learning and hoping to s better next time out

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great evening for a race, the vocal support at various points in circuit was very welcome. Pace was indeed lively and good to see so many wheelers. Chapeau to Iain, Billy and Colin for digging in. Andy and I finished side by side in mid bunch in a very frustrating bunch sprint. Bottom line is everyone wants to be 2nd or 3rd row and 40 into 10 doesn't go. But its same for everyone and if you are that strong then you just need to get on front and stay there. Finished feeling fresh and wanting to have a good sprint like about 30 others !? :)