British TT - 20th June

Jannza

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great to see some local names in there. A couple that I could give a hard time to back in 2011! If I had been fit, it would have been great to have raced against some of the countries best (even to be on the same start sheet would have been cool)!

I'm planning on heading for the junction of the A736 just south of the Blair Tavern.

There'e a curry house 2mins down the road as well which does sit in or takeaway for a wee roadside dinner. North Ayrshire's equivalent of vin rouge et baquette

Either that Stewarton itself

• Administrators

I'm planning on heading for the junction of the A736 just south of the Blair Tavern.

There'e a curry house 2mins down the road as well which does sit in or takeaway for a wee roadside dinner. North Ayrshire's equivalent of vin rouge et baquette

Either that Stewarton itself

Got any room for a passenger? Just noticed theres a bit of a gap between ladies and gents start times.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Had a meeting in the south side of Glasgow this afternoon, so came home via Stewarton. Could find any decent places to park up for tomorrow, but did pass three GB riders out on the circuit.

One of them nearly got himself killed as he overtook a pick-up and trailer who was only going slowly because of the other two in front. He pulled out at a narrowing of the road, right as a van came the opposite direction. Both van and pick-up drivers were bloody furious, and rightly so. Eventually passed the team car, where the pick-up driver got out and gave the coach an earful. With one unnecessary move (just before a hill where he was re-passed anyway!) that is almost certainly two more drivers on the "cyclist haters" list. What is worse is that whether they like it or not, team GB riders are suppose to set some sort of example.

Didn't mean to turn this into a rant, but as cyclist we often get treated like crap on the roads, so seeing people give "us" a bad name really pisses me off!

Looking forward to tomorrow night though!

Cheers,

Mr Angry From Ayrshire!

Couldn't manage out for the afternoon's racing as planned unfortunately, but really enjoyed the men's event in the evening.

Quite superb performances from two ex- JWCC riders - Iain Grant 12th, at 2.44 from from the winner and 3 time champion Alex Dowsett, and Ben Peacock 8th, at 2.16 from the winner. Tremendous efforts against world class pro riders -sheer class and courage.

Many congratulations to them both and to the otherScots riders.

Iain