June 16 Flat and Fast

Guest EPCC

Guest Ross Toole

I think I should be road captain

A) after leading myself out for the sprint, entertained Davy thinking he could go by me only to pull away again.

B ) Did not partake in any of the habble or half wheeling observed from a distance at the back.

C ) nursed Billy back into howwood, and consoling him after Andy bet him at a thirty (hard to swallow) obviously the bike was to blame!

Ross,

Don't push me.....

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/bbd/road-track-bike/ribble-r872?part=BB13RIBR872&sub=conf_BBRC&bike=1

If Billy gets one as well he will have to find something else to blame...

Thinking of getting some of those "Team Davie" T-shirts printed for my road captain election campaign - can't decide whether to get one or two.

D..

• 2023 Subscriptions

Enjoyed today. Managed to keep in touch to Largs (almost) so achieved my goal - average speed from the club rooms of 21mph . Riding a bike once a fortnight is not conducive to optimum fitness; German beer and wine not withstanding.

Paul and I still managed a two up to Kilwinning with the sun shining.

Legs in shreds now so some recovery wine shakes on the horizon.

My recollection is slightly different to Rosses

Tried to maintain a steady not too fast not too slow pace round the coast

Was going to go for a sprint into Largs but I thought I should let some of the others contest it

On way back I just strolled thought to the bow field chatting with Ross who was in my opinion beginning to wilt ( only kidding ) I did loose a sprint to Andy think I had some dirt on my shoe

After that it was easy home

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Davie B, you have my vote. No-one else has your gravitas & Everyman appeal.

Although you may need a vice captain & a chief whip to keep that mob in order :)

Enjoyed the run tday nice we change frm the

grampian alps,although didnt c much when pace

picked up

good company and banter,steady pace frm skel to largs especially from dave and ross who passed the 30 sign into largs together, thats what its about comradship nane o this serious RIVALRY!great run more o this please cheers j

John,

Well said.....sometimes things can be a bit misconstrued on these public forums so to clarify my above posts were a feeble attempt at humour almost as feeble as my final burst to try and get round the uber powerfull Ross into Largs.

Peace...

• 2023 Subscriptions

Today was most enjoyable! Especially taking the Howwood 30 with an attack starting before Greenacres was a high point!

Seriously though great spirit today, great pace and watching Wossie lead himself out into Largs was a sight to behold.

Shame to lose Darryl at Largs!

Glad Tom and Paul had a fine trip back too

Andy