30 Milers June 2

Ken Mac

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi everyone just me again should have said about our route today anyway, headed down the Georgetown into Bishopton along West ferry up the Clune along Auchengreoch passing the haven then Torr rd to Bridge of weir then cafe stop at Bernie's after lovely tea and cake some of us decided to head to

Lochwiinnoch then cycle path and home about 45 miles

carol Ohyadancer!

Sorry Greig. Also : I've had "dae yer ane thing" translated into English. My bad. Will try to drill some bunch discipline into the old legs, as it's pretty scary having the Sergeant-Major one one's case. Maybe I should be kicked upstairs into the Intermediates, if that group exists.

By the way, I sometimes ride out on Thursdays...any way of contacting like minds with sufficiently flexible working hours?

Also, I have an idea for a route, "Tour of the Bronze Age Hill Forts" ... which does not involve any more or any more severe climbing than appears to be normal on the 30-miler runs.

Tim while there's no doubting your a fit guy the 30 milers have worked hard over the last couple of years to ride as a bunch and it has been working . Yes I agree you might need to learn how bunch riding benefits everone maby this is the wrong bunch for you as we are a bit slower The intermediate are there just needing someone to post runs for them why not try them or the main bunch as for Thursday night put a post on and see if anyone is available.

Billy shshhhhh

All in good humour I hope. I appreciate all the "steers". I'd like to think the 30 milers is the right bunch for me. I've enjoyed the runs tremendously : the company is great and the pace is just right. I have to work 8 hours after every single session, so I don't need a "doing". tim

• 2023 Subscriptions

Glad you had a good run. Apologies for bunking off with Bill. It's not that our pace is any faster, just that we needed some extra miles. We did Fairlie Moor, Brisbane Glen and then the climb out of Greenock past Whinhill Station - 62 miles for me.