JWCC Confined 10 Mile Time Trial - League of 10 - No.2

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

Tuesday 14th May sees the second of the League of 10's series at the the West Ferry. First rider off at 18:45.

A reminder that the start is under the railway bridge on the A8 Greenock/Bishopton Road (see link - http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/events/event/1/pp7gq8s41i7tf3hmhefj4ku2p8)

Can someone please be kind enough to timekeep.

Hope you all enjoy.

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Maybe

Track on Wednesday so no bogs only coming of not raining

If yer not keen on riding in the wet you could always drive down & time keep :)

Anybody got a sideways track pump adaptor they could bring with them, I cannae pump up my front tri spoke properly and might not make it to a bike shop that has one tomorrow?

Should be there tomorrow whether it's raining or not

• Life Members

Ross,

There's actually more to it than that!

A start list with all riders starting order/time, a stop watch (maybe even 2 - just in case).

I once did a "crash course" time-keeping in an JW orginized open TT event down in Eglington, well I was actually the "assistant" but the elderly gentleman/time keeper kindly gave me a few tip regarding the job of TK.

He advised that (as well as the above) ideally write with a pencil (ink will smudge when wet), have a clip board of sort for backing (much better to write on than just a bit of paper), A4 size plastic clear cover sheet to put on top of the start list (to prevent the rain soaking the sheet) & ideally a foldable chair to sit on (especially in longer TT)

Oh, it would help the TK if the riders shout their number out when they cross the finish line I've been told.

Come to think of it, I actually quite enjoyed that weird experience of sitting on the side of a dual-carriage way for 2 hours.

I would like to have help out in the TK but I finish work late & have child duties most if not all evenings, otherwise I would be glad to help out, sorry! :-(

Hope that helps, but I'm sure some-one on the night will no doubt keep you right, Iain!

Cheers

Chung

Guest Ross Toole

Chung thanks for the insight,

With years of running handicapping and my job sitaution at the moment im a bit of a dab hand! (p.s cant do this week before anyone asks!)

My post above was mearly my attempt at a comedy post! i myself was in stitches when i was writing it and when my mum had a read she said it was quite good too. So im away to audtion for BGT as a comedy writer!

See you all soon when i have made the big time!

Mr. P Kay

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Chung thanks for the insight,

With years of running handicapping and my job sitaution at the moment im a bit of a dab hand! (p.s cant do this week before anyone asks!)

My post above was mearly my attempt at a comedy post! i myself was in stitches when i was writing it and when my mum had a read she said it was quite good too. So im away to audtion for BGT as a comedy writer!

See you all soon when i have made the big time!

Mr. P Kay

Ross, I refuse to believe that there are two literate people in your family :mellow:

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

80 riders last Wednesday night on Westferry, I didn't have time for eating werthers or a flask!

& Jann, you make the difficult look easy. Think I would have a breakdown faced with 80 cyclists shouting numbers at me :shock:

I'm a big sook.