Club clothing - questions thread :-)

innocent lance

hi guys as ive just joined the club and am desperate to get ma hands on some kit

is there going to be an new order for the new season as iam planning to race this

year did a say race a meant "get ma arse kicked"could anyone give us an idea of

prices etc etc etc a knw al not b able to race without it cheeeeeers j

Ohyadancer!

Al

What we needed was somebody to take this further if I remember

However it would be next year at the earliest so I propose that we have a look and see if anybody wants current kit so if you want kit post what you want below before end of month

Hi -

I would like top and shorts XXL for both if possible

hope to be in smaller sizes soon but short term it is a bigger advertising board

also looking for jets kit for Daniel G age 14 kit (top and shorts) should fit him if this can be ordered as well

thanks

Paul G

I thought the Committee was going to progress the wishes of the members. There was some talk of putting the design outside the club. Is there not a nearby educational establishment who would be happy to help design new kit as part of a student project ?

If not then we have our own design and fashion gurus within - Chung, Kenny C et al. All we need is some options to vote on. Should the committee invite designs from members ?

Should we have a moratorium on ordering as the comments made about the Mallorca jersey indicated that most people have too many already. In addition, if we keep ordering then everyone will keep saying that they have too much invested in the current kit ( this seemed to be the main argument against a new design).

Yours,

L.Trotsky

• 2023 Subscriptions

Al and all,

Whilst the survey for kit showed there was the majority in favour of at least reviewing the kit design (if not actually committing to change at this stage), the reality is that none of the (volunteer) committee members have time outside their normal committee duties, not to mention their work/personal life. As a result, the redesign of kit has not been progressed.

There were two club members that showed an interest at the end of last year in taking on the re-design, but as yet the committee have not seen any of their proposals.

I would suggest that we order kit now (old design) if people want/need for the coming race season, as the new design may take some considerable time to agree. The caviat on new kit orders is that it may be out of date shortly.

Cheers,

R

P.S. - there is plenty of space on the committee for members to volunteer and then run the re-design as part of the committee.

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'd vote for putting together an order for current kit while discussion goes on about a re-design. There are a few newer members like myself who have little or no Wheelers kit at the moment, so the demand should be there to make an order worthwhile. Personally I'd be looking for a jacket and a gilet.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jann might want to pop in here, was there not some discussion previously around payment or deposits being made at time of order, as the club always seems to be left with a mountain of kit that people order and then don't pick up and pay for ?????

• Life Members

Iain & All,

I think getting members to pay for the kit when they place their order is a good idea. Organising the kit order is a time consuming job as it is, then chasing folks to collect their kit & paying for it should be the last thing the volunteer need to do.

I'll vote for that, if there was a vote!

Cheers

Chung

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Sorry if this is going over old ground, but am I too late to order kit? The ordering thread is locked.

If I have to wait until next year, then that's unfortunate.