Fenwick APR, 23rd March

P McDonald

• 4 weeks later...
Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

I am waiting on my kb too.

Got an e-mail from organiser of straiton struggle-119 entrants to date.

Cycling is becoming unbearably popular :(

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks George, wish I had uber sexy Zipp 909's to make me go faster, I'm taking my ksyriums as I reckon the dura ace can stay in hibernation for another week or two,

Btw- it's Drumclog tomorrow, haven't heard from Fenwick yet

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Gents

Kick off 1pm Saturday. Strip at Fenwick church hall. Circuit runs up A77 to just short of Newton Mearns where a left on the sharp corner across to a short section of unclassified road to the B769. Then south towards Stewarton but turn left on to Clunch Road about 1 mile short of Stewarton. Back across to A77 for second circuit. Finish atop hill on Clunch road second time round.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Gents

Kick off 1pm Saturday. Strip at Fenwick church hall. Circuit runs up A77 to just short of Newton Mearns where a left on the sharp corner across to a short section of unclassified road to the B769. Then south towards Stewarton but turn left on to Clunch Road about 1 mile short of Stewarton. Back across to A77 for second circuit. Finish atop hill on Clunch road second time round.

Oh crikey....

Andy,

Given my recent travails it's against my better judgement that I didn't withdraw and still no great shakes fitness wise but am of the opinion that if you get a start you should start unless you really can't.

In no way an expert at this but a few tips:

1. Don't burn up too much nervous energy;

2. Don't close every wee gap - see above also;

3. It's an APR so if your feeling good do some work at the front, no point everybody sitting in in an APR - defeats the purpose, the worst that can happen is it's a good workout;

4. Shelter from cross winds - remember the coast on Sunday!;

5. Watch the wheels and those about you - it maybe competitive but at the end of the days it's a bit of fun and important to go home in one piece.

6. Enjoy.

Weather looks shocking which is my biggest concern!

See you Saturday.

Cheers,

Dave

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good luck Andy

Race starts with a long downhill stretch down a77 then watch out after u turn left as there are a couple of climbs and u want to hang in as it flattens out again till you get to clung hill.

As Davy says enjoy yourself and do same preparation as u would do for a Sunday run not the time to change your routine

Good luck Andy

Race starts with a long downhill stretch down a77 then watch out after u turn left as there are a couple of climbs and u want to hang in as it flattens out again till you get to clung hill.

As Davy says enjoy yourself and do same preparation as u would do for a Sunday run not the time to change your routine

Yeh...Keep your Sun routine...but maybe drop the curry and beer..

Good luck gentlemen!