Kit etc

Guest George

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Will there be a clothing order any time soon?

I'm after a skinsuit. If there isn't to be an order, does anyone know the rules regarding

me buying a non club colour skinsuit and racing in that instead?

Also, I bought a BC membership and was told by BC it gets sent to the club. Does any of the committee have it?

• 2023 Subscriptions

George,

I think there was talk of a kit order, but not sure. I think Jann and Kenny S were sorting it. You can use a plain skinsuit, but a JWCC one looks better!

Your BC membership form should be sent to the secretary, who was Ian Manson and now is Jann Lapsley (although I don't know if BC knows it is Jann yet?). Whoever gets it will either send it to you directly, or contact you to allow you to collect.

Cheers,

R

George

Black is actually specifically excluded for safety reasons.

The relevant regulation appears to be paragraph 1.17.4 of the SC handbook which says "All competitors must wear their own club's registered colours - or any other single colour other than black for safety reasons - in open competitions."

It is actually surprisingly difficult to source an entirely single coloured suit. Probably unlikely to be too much of an issue but that's what it says.

Iain

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Iain,

Thanks for that. It makes sense that black is precluded-back in my day it was the ONLY alternative to club colours, good to see common sense being applied.

I haven't been able to find any plain colours apart from all white. I don't think anyone would want to see me in that!

Does anyone know if endura would be able to supply a one off garment using last years template thingy?

George; http://www.probikekit.com/uk/northwave-blade-cycling-body.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=google_base_gbp&gclid=CNb2142Vz7QCFW3MtAodRxEAVA

Im not being cheeky but the sizing of Northwave kit is tiny its Italian, a large jacket is more of a medium in real word sizes, free postage too. Perhaps worth a punt.

The Endura kit can take a while to arrive, Id deffo advise trying for size before you buy too. Anyway, I though we were getting an updated kit/supplier? :-?

Assos also make the chronosuit white top, black shorts. ;-)

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Ha-ha. That's the very spideysuit I mentioned earlier!

If only I could fire webs to grab onto skinny climbers on the hills :)

Seriously tho, can any committee members advise if a new clothing order is imminent?

Given the delays last time, now is the time to get it done.