Club Track Bike Lending

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

All,

Apologies it has taken a while, but we are now up and running with the lending of the 5 track bikes the club now has (60cm, 56cm, 54cm, 52cm and 50cm).

This lending is strictly for fully paid up "first claim" JWCC club members only. The lending period will be per calendar month on a first come/first served basis, with no "block booking" allowed. Adults will be asked for a £10 donation towards the upkeep and maintenance of the bikes, whereas juniors/youths will get them for free.

Adults will need to sign and return (email will be accepted) a "disclaimer", and parents/guardians will need to do this on behalf of all juniors/youths. There will be no exceptions to this.

There will also be a log book that goes with each bike, where the person receiving the bike signs to say they have received it in working condition and the person handing it over signs to say it was in good condition when handed over.

The bikes come with two cogs and no pedals. When changing the cogs (if needs be), fitting the pedals and adjusting the bars/saddle/seat post, please do it carefully and with the correct tools. If in doubt, please get a qualified bike mechanic (such as Dooleys Cycles) to do this, as we do not want the bikes or the bolts/threads to be damaged for future users.

We realise that the bikes will be subject to wear and tear, and that accidents do happen, therefore, please be honest and let me know if something needs fixed or replaced.

Thanks again have to go to Dooleys Cycles, SportScotland, Renfrewshire Council and the Johnstone Sports Hub for the funding for the bikes.

I hope all make good use of these bikes and enjoy.

Cheers,

Ramsay (on behalf of the Committee)

P.S. - I have been advised that the bikes do appear on the small side for their size. i.e. - the 56cm is a bit smaller that a 56cm road frame, and I personally ride a 58cm road frame, but the 60cm track bike fits me. Happy to let people see them for size.

• 2023 Subscriptions

The 56cm and the 52cm are currently on loan until the 11th January 2013. 60cm, 54cm and 50cm all currently available.

Iain Couttie - If you are still interested in the 56cm, you can have it from the 11th Jan for a month.

• 2024 Subscriptions

All,

Apologies it has taken a while, but we are now up and running with the lending of the 5 track bikes the club now has (60cm, 56cm, 54cm, 52cm and 50cm).

This lending is strictly for fully paid up "first claim" JWCC club members only. The lending period will be per calendar month on a first come/first served basis, with no "block booking" allowed. Adults will be asked for a £10 donation towards the upkeep and maintenance of the bikes, whereas juniors/youths will get them for free.

Adults will need to sign and return (email will be accepted) a "disclaimer", and parents/guardians will need to do this on behalf of all juniors/youths. There will be no exceptions to this.

There will also be a log book that goes with each bike, where the person receiving the bike signs to say they have received it in working condition and the person handing it over signs to say it was in good condition when handed over.

The bikes come with two cogs and no pedals. When changing the cogs (if needs be), fitting the pedals and adjusting the bars/saddle/seat post, please do it carefully and with the correct tools. If in doubt, please get a qualified bike mechanic (such as Dooleys Cycles) to do this, as we do not want the bikes or the bolts/threads to be damaged for future users.

We realise that the bikes will be subject to wear and tear, and that accidents do happen, therefore, please be honest and let me know if something needs fixed or replaced.

Thanks again have to go to Dooleys Cycles, SportScotland, Renfrewshire Council and the Johnstone Sports Hub for the funding for the bikes.

I hope all make good use of these bikes and enjoy.

Cheers,

Ramsay (on behalf of the Committee)

P.S. - I have been advised that the bikes do appear on the small side for their size. i.e. - the 56cm is a bit smaller that a 56cm road frame, and I personally ride a 58cm road frame, but the 60cm track bike fits me. Happy to let people see them for size.

Thanks for all your work on this Ramsay Ohyadancer!

• Committee

Hi Ramsay, Iain, all.

My loan bike is a 56 but is too small for me. Seat pin is at full stretch. I am 5'10 so if you are same height you would probably be better off with the 58.

I reckon the 56 would suit someone a bit shorter than me.

Dolan measure from centre BB to very top of seat tube/post clamp. Distance to centre top tube on mine is only 53.

Alan

Alan, to confuse things further.

Even though you find the 56 small your quite a rangy chap. Your all arms and legs for want of a better expression. I remember having a shot of your X bike which, I think, is a large Planet X Uncle John. Shoot me down if Im wrong.

Im 5'11 but found it too big both seat tube and top tube. I found the 56 Pre Cursa to be just about bang on. Its all subjective of course and down to personal preference.

Just saying.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alan, to confuse things further.

Even though you find the 56 small your quite a rangy chap. Your all arms and legs for want of a better expression. I remember having a shot of your X bike which, I think, is a large Planet X Uncle John. Shoot me down if Im wrong.

Im 5'11 but found it too big both seat tube and top tube. I found the 56 Pre Cursa to be just about bang on. Its all subjective of course and down to personal preference.

Just saying.

I ended up with a 58 at the velodrome and I am a shortarse, long back short legs. Admittedly, I did need to drop the saddle down but felt ok on the top tube. Not sure if that really helps much.

I am not Rangy!

duncan

To muddy the waters further but nevertheless pertinent, effective and actual top tube measurements are not the same. The actual measurement isnt given.

Best practice is to stand over the bike and see what the reach is like, particularly if you fall between the 54 and 56.Its the difference between being really comfortable and enjoying riding a bike and being stuck on something that doesnt fit.

• 2 months later...

Hi Ramsay,

I'd be interested in hiring one of the bikes over March.

I've not paid my membership fee yet but can do that now if paypal is still an option?

I've been riding a 56 frame but could try the 58 if unavailable. (edit: just noticed there's no 58. 56 it is then!!)

Cheers, Fergus

• 2023 Subscriptions

Fergus - If you are paying membership, we would prefer a bank transfer rather than paypal, as we get charged for all paypal uses. Please see Jann's post http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/thebunch/index.php?/topic/5466-club-subscription-fees-2012-2013/

In terms of the 56cm bike, it is out with another member until 20th of March. I can put you down as next if you wish. There is 60cm if you want to try that.

Greig - No problems. I'll email you the disclaimer later and you can pick the bike up from the clubrooms.

Cheers,

R

Fergus - If you are paying membership, we would prefer a bank transfer rather than paypal, as we get charged for all paypal uses. Please see Jann's post http://www.johnstone...fees-2012-2013/

In terms of the 56cm bike, it is out with another member until 20th of March. I can put you down as next if you wish. There is 60cm if you want to try that.

Thanks for the info. I think the 60 will be too big, if you could put me on the waiting list for the 56 that would be grand.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Jannza unpinned this topic