Georgetown cup - 1st Sept

Jannza

• Administrators

Have we got a team?

This years Georgetown Cup takes place on 1st September and its going to be a corker. Johnstone Wheelers are always strong but can they repeat last years win without Ben?Glasgow Couriers have been thrashing their Georgetowns relentlessly all season and have to be in with a shout this time. Last years bronze medalists, Lomond Roads, have undergone a few line-up changes but are always likely to be among the medals. An insider from the Ivy informs me that they too will have their eye on the prize this year! (note to self: make it an extra large Pie )

As well as the Georgetown Cup dont forget this is the only BC sanctioned event on the Georgetown so its a chance for all the big guns to have a crack at the course record on this classic course. Ben has recently improved the mark from last years 14:35 to an astonishing 14:17 - the first ever 30mph+ ride over the course! Lets have all the fasties this year, I'll leave space at the back of the sheet for you -

Finally - dont forget to bring along your Flying Scots! Isobel Smith has kindly agreed to send down her 1950 Scot which could well win 'best in show' but as well as the rally we will have a prize for the fastest person over the course on a Flying Scot.

Dont forget the event is all in the aid of charity- no cash prizes will be awarded and all proceeds will go to Accord Hospice.

get your entries in! - its online.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about getting a JWCC ladies (sub) team together for this event? There are enough of us about surely:

Thinking...

Vicky Begg? (can be poached if needs be, provided another candidate of similar calibur is fielded!)

Alanna Steele?

Elaines - Sandison and Muirhead?

Pauline Aitchison?

Carol Cowan?

Jan Lapsley?

Joan?

Kay Tennant - confirmed interested

Me - confirmed interested

Anyone else??? Come with me to the Casbah.Come with me to the Casbah.Come with me to the Casbah.

Mary