Don Smith Memorial

BrianS

• Members

The annual 'Don Smith Memorial' supporting the Braveheart Fund will take place this year on Sunday 27th February. The event will have 3 seperate rides to cater for all levels. Don's wife will flag off the first group of riders at 10:00 am.

1. 70 miles starting at 10:00 (want-to-be fast guys)

2. 50 miles starting at 10:15 (moderate pace)

3. 30 miles starting at 10:30 (sociable ride)

All rides will start and finish at the Johnstone Wheelers Club rooms, Millar Street, Johnstone, Renfrewshire. Soup and sandwiches will be available at finish along with a certificate of completion to all participants.

Entry Fee/Donation is £5.00 with all proceeds going directly into the Fund.

Send entries to: Andy McKinlay

3 Ashgrove Workshops

Ashgrove Road

Kilwinning

KA13 6PU

Email Enquiries to: [email protected]

All participants will be entered into a prize draw where the winner will receive a new Braveheart Fund jersey designed by Peleton Design. The first 100 entries will also receive a 'goodie' bag filled with various bits and pieces.

If he is not away filming, Graeme Obree will be participating in the sociable ride. This is a great opportunity for any newcomers to ride with a legend of Scottish cycling. Former Olympian Brian Smith will be participating in the moderate ride so come along and see him suffer!

Dooleys Cycles will also be having their annual SALE with many bargains.

Many of this years funded riders will be participating along with ALL committee members. Come along to a fantastic day out and support the memory of 'Big Don' and the Braveheart Cycling Fund.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im in,contacted Andy by E-mail today,come on lads and lassies this is a cause well worth supporting,and its also a good social event.

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

me too.

Missed this great ride last year and looking forward to it this time round.

See you all there,

I'm in too. First time riding this and hoping for sunshine and flat hills :lol:

I've reserved an armchair for the 70 miler. :flamethrower

• 2023 Subscriptions

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Yip

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• Members

6 entries in from the club.....any more...... :shock:

Brian count me in too.

Steve Blom

• Members
Brian count me in too.

Steve Blom

I thought you would be first in the queue with all that training you are doing ! :grin:

can you contact Andy direct [email protected]

see you on Saturday big man ! :grin:

was always going to ride this great run you know that!!!

Thanks very much for Andy's email , i will send him details asap.

see you on Saturday

Oh ya dancer !Hello, beer !!Oh ya dancer !:grin::grin:

Stevie B.

Stevie,I hope with "all that training your doing" you will not be doing the short route this year?!!... I seem to remember you gettin a slaggin last year!!!!

Thats correct Dougie but then again sometimes people think they are clairvoyants these days!

see you saturday!!!

Stevie B.

??????..Have never met her myself,Clare that is!!!. Im still trying to get a seat fixed to the King for Rhona on Saturday or I might have to use my Lemond complete with muddies!!!,wonder if that Clare you know might see into the future and save me the hassle?!!. :-P

Dougie ,

I dont have a TT bike as yet so will be using my super light Claud butler winter bike kitted out with mudguards and xxx light mavic 7 speed wheels.

Borrowing Kenny Macs TT bars , so please bring your lemond dougie it will make me feel that bit better :lol:

Stevie B.

Can you turn up on the day or do you have to enter before hand? I might be a bit busy that day :oops: , so Alan may or may not be able to participate!

Stevie,wi a machine like that you and Ironman had better put at least 3mins into Kenny and I or there are too many Dutch hash cakes gettin consumed doon your neck of the woods!!! :lol: We could always use the extra ones to fill the holes on the Georgetown road!!!!. :roll:

• Members
Can you turn up on the day or do you have to enter before hand? I might be a bit busy that day :oops: , so Alan may or may not be able to participate!

we would like to know numbers and group sizes so would like everyone to enter before hand...if he enters now he will get a goodie bag of stuff worth well over £5.....if he does not ride it has cost him £5 but still gets bag....hope to see all of you there.... :grin:

will be riding full route tho' not with fast bunch....

ss

• Members

Paul McDonald

Douglas McFadzean

Steve Blom

Ian Manson

Stephen Hickey

Kenny McDonald

Neil MacDougal

Jim Dunlop

Vicky Begg

Already entered.....anyone else ? :grin:

Remember goodie bag for first 100....only 14 places left now......

me too!!!

SS

• 2023 Subscriptions

Brian

I posted my £5 entry away last week. Not received yet?

m

• Members
Brian

I posted my £5 entry away last week. Not received yet?

m

address is Andy's work so should be there tomorrow.... :grin:

• Members
me too!!!

SS

Simon....have you sent entry ? If so it has not be received as yet. Will keep you posted. :grin:

I had e-mailed my entry to Andy previously and cheque is in the post today.

Hopefully, I can squeeze into the 100

• Members

Paul McDonald

Douglas McFadzean

Steve Blom

Ian Manson

Stephen Hickey

Kenny McDonald

Neil MacDougal

Jim Dunlop

Vicky Begg

Martin Mullholland

Alan Yeoman

Simon Simpson

Harry Blane

Steven Leckie

14.....just hanging on to 1st place of clubs with most riders..... Oh ya dancer !

can we make it 20 ?????......or more....... ;-)