Guest George

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2024 Subscriptions
Daryll

Event well marshalled 9.30 is even more civilised

OK, but the suggested times on the website say that those hoping to average more than 18mph should set off at 9.20. I don't think I'm hoping to go that quick. I wouldn't want to set off last cos then you've only got whoever you start with for help!

just saying :grin:

Chung and I expect to arrive at 8:25 so would set off at 08:45 - 9:00 to get bit off a head start on the faster boys. About same as I did last year.

This sounds good for me and Jody.

We've got the 15-16 mph groups leaving between 8.50-9.10 so can fit in somewhere and hopefully all group together a wee bit down the road?

Fantastic day (for the skinnies!!!!) Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer ! . Joking aside, it was indeed a great day out. Weather was relatively kind - dry with light winds albeit a bit chilly at the roll out this morning and plenty of vertical bits. Superb efforts all round, even though the skinnies took the honours for the day, the others were not far behind truth be told. A good number of sub 6 hour centuries :icon_yes

Without doubt the Mighty Joansin were a presence today passing most riders who started in front of us and ours being the wheels of choice to hang onto. Bunch of guys I spoke to at lunch, who had rode in our slipstream for 20+ miles or so, seemed suitably impressed with our "well oiled bunch", their words not mine.

Well done everyone, Chapeau one and all. Get wired into the beer or wine this evening you deserve it. Not you Macbagel, you're on duty :icon_mooning

Aussie Al, get off the skippy burgers! Looking good today that man. Best laugh of the day, apart from ripping into MacBagel, was Flashdance McPhee's Haute Couture statement. Squire Christie has his work cut out surpassing this one!!!! Sorry Colin but it would be rude not to :lol:

Hope you all got home safely and Bill T hope your bumps and bruises are ok, look after yourself!!

Mark O