Jersey for the Nove Colli

Darryl Gunson

• 2024 Subscriptions

I would like a momento jersey. If we only need 10, then i think we can do this with out much hassle.

We don't have to rush into this, plenty of time. Half the fun will be sorting out the design. I personally have a couple of ideas one of which seems to chime with Billy/Ritchie:

1. A plain jersey (black (my favourite) or white) with the italian national flag colours as bands around the middle. A discreet "JWCC Italia 2012" (or some such) on the breast, and that's it.

2. Alternatively, given that it is a climbing holiday etc, why not a polka dot jersey, but in the club colours? Yellow dots on blue, with "JWCC Italia 2012" on the breast.

Armani

• Committee

Is this a cycling jersey or polo shirt thing?

I would prefer to cycle in club kit. I think we all have at least a jersey (some have head to toe kit).

But for relaxing in Rimini and recreating in Ravenna we must THINK PiNK!! :uzi:grin:

Nice cotton maglia rosa for me with jwcc on the sleeve and breast. I am away to the on line designer shop now.

Standby for fabric puns. This thread is going to run and run...

Alan

• 2024 Subscriptions
Is this a cycling jersey or polo shirt thing?

I would prefer to cycle in club kit. I think we all have at least a jersey (some have head to toe kit).

But for relaxing in Rimini and recreating in Ravenna we must THINK PiNK!! :uzi:grin:

Nice cotton maglia rosa for me with jwcc on the sleeve and breast. I am away to the on line designer shop now.

Standby for fabric puns. This thread is going to run and run...

Alan

It is for a cycling top Alan. I think we all intend to wear the club kit on the big ride, but I am there from Wednesday until Monday, so I will have to wear something else as well. So, why not a 'special' top? It is not obligatory, only for those who want to :grin:

I actually thought you were kidding when you first mentioned Leeshur wear :lol:

I quite like these for leeshur:

http://cyclingweekly.ipcshop.co.uk/shop ... o-pink1206

Darryl

Exellent Billy Hello, beer !!

Are you able to get a few examples?

Like Paul, not sure about the pink although I see where you're coming from.

I'd like to see one with the tricolour round the sleeves and collar.

Would our band go all the way round the middle? Was it just the way the design is done?

Having Nove Colli 2012 across the front won't infringe on the official copyright of the jersey we might be getting etc will it??

If possible, an example of the bands with just JWCC/Johnstone Wheelers/Nove Colli 2012/Italia 2012 on the breast??

Cheers :grin:

Looking good at the moment. JWCC logo ala Willie Cosh needed somewhere and perhaps a Saltire (optional for Paul C and Darryl) just below the collar on the back. My preference would be for tricolour around collar and sleeves, but can see where you're going with the pink. One other thought, the bands making up the tricolour would need to be broad enough to be clearly seen, otherwise they may end up getting lost against the black background (I almost nearly typed in the dark!!!!! :lol: ).

M

Need the logo as a graphic which I don't have would like to keep some pink will post 2 new options on Friday

The company which I have looked at will also print names on the jersey cost would be about 45 to 50 depending on numbers

Lead time 4 weeks just now but can be more when clubs start ordering new kit so I think we would need a decision on the design and order placed by end of December at the latest

I also favour the tricolour around the sleeves and neck with the JWCC logo somewhere.

Not too keen on the pink - would need to mince around with a limp wrist!!

Colourwise quite fancy white background as it would reflect heat and not show sweaty armpit stains but happy to go with the majority view

Billy,

You have surpassed yourself ....looks great. Clean and simple and I think the pink works really well against the black and is essential for reasons as explained above.

A JWCC logo would be good but need to watch it doesn't clutter it up ....was wondering if there was an opportunity to include a subtle reference to the man himself, though given his chequered past this may meet with mixed views :!:

D

• 2023 Subscriptions

Im with Richie on this one, pink OR Tri, and I choose PINK Definitely needs a some wheelers sign too, and a reference to our Glorious country..Scotland!!

If we had names, I think something discrete on the sleeve or collar would be best, just to keep the uncluttered feel about it.

I say all that, but I'll still get a jersey regardless of look, as a good memento :grin:8-)

Greg

Two more options

My one opinion is that we should have some pink

Dave B most of the pirates images are copyright protected cant find one we could use but as he is one of my bad boy heros along with Rotten any suggestions would be welcome

We should get done to who prefers what i think uncluterd and pink collar