Main Bunch November 13th Run

Guest EPCC

• 2 weeks later...

Richie

It should be about 55 can make it a bit longer by coming over the braes through howwood johns folly kilmacolm but with a longer ride next week 55 could be fine

Main draw back might not find cafe stop

• 2023 Subscriptions

Billy wrote

Richie

It should be about 55 can make it a bit longer by coming over the braes through howwood johns folly kilmacolm but with a longer ride next week 55 could be fine

Main draw back might not find cafe stop

http://www.stewartononline.co.uk/produc ... index.html

Oh ya dancer !

Hopefully i'll be along if i can get a bike together that actually works :oops:

Troon jaunt is about 65 miles clubrooms to clubrooms and pancake flat for the most part, Bowfield apart and one or two wee inclines out of Stewarton and Dunlop. Could do it in reverse just to be out there and daring like.

Venice Cafe kicks the Bagel Basket well into touch on the scone front - no contest.

Ritchie, I think you and I did a truncated version earlier this year, should be well within your comfort zone, especially if there's a bunch of us.

Not bothered what we do. See y'all at 9 bells on Sunday.

M

Thanks for the run chaps.

Great company as always.

Thanks for waiting. Sorry for the hold ups :-?

I just didnae have the power!!

Didn't go higher than my 39x26 all the way home but resisted phoning for a lift...only just!

Getting thigh muscle spasms on the wee uphills at Greenfields(?) near Barrmill so maybe a lack of fluids.

Cheers

Ritchie, you did just fine. Making the transition from the intermediate group to riding with the motely collection of whatevers which makes up the main bunch won't happen overnight, but stick at it as best you can and the shifts allows. You will get there. Get the commuting idea off the drawingboard and into practice well help no end too.

As for the rest of you bunch of cyclists, good run day in more pleasant autumnal weather - hope the cafe stop didn't dissappoint after charlie and I singing its praises. Good turn out again, and Andrew welcome to the bunch! More of the same next week. Off to oil my knees as they were fair creaking all day!!!!!

Mark O

• 2023 Subscriptions

Richie

It took me nearly a year before I finally figured out about fluids and eating. Having said that I still left it too late today and almost seized just as Andrew left us.

One muesli bar later all was well.

Also the surges make it difficult, (for me at least).

Great ride today. Can't believe it was so warm compared to last week!

Tom

Richie,

If the pace at the start was representative I would say it was probably a reasonably "hard" run so wouldn't have too many worries about running out of a bit of steam, also as Tom will no doubt concur eat and drink little but often - don't wait till you are hungry or thirsty.

As for my somewhat abrubt bale out I only intended to tag along for a wee bit and fully expected youse to turn left bound for Lugton with me turning right for home. It was spur of the moment to give it a wee bit of gas up the hill before soloing home so no intention to disrupt the harmony of the bunch 8-)

Word on muddies - it is evident from following others that these make a big difference even on damp roads so aplogies to anyone following my wheel.

Cheers,

D

Good run today Richie eating and drinking is hard to gauge I know I don't drink enough to lazy I also don't take food with me if less than 70 but I do eat the night before and in the morning also Bacon roll is a good fueling strategy