Super 6 - Race 2, Rosneath.

Agent Orange.

A good race for my baptism in competitive cycling. The 'B' race of this latest Super 6 event took us 30 miles around the Rosneath peninsula. First 10 miles or so a steady drag up hill reaching the top of the military road to Coulport when it started raining. The fast descent made super sketchy by spray and the need to brake for the sharp left at the bottom. The field had petered out at this point and I just kept with the lead bunch all the way round. I spent I while on the front but willingly as I did not want to get trapped in the inside in the case of an early breakaway. I need'nt of bothered though as it came to a sprint finish with 200 m to go. I pushed too early and could'nt muster an all-out sprint at the end finishing 15th or so. Will check the results later.

I was suprised by how many strong guys were in that B race, makes me appreciate the fitness of the pro's now andhow tight it must be at the top.

Some SWEET hardware on display too, not least my own! Ha ha. The only steel frame that i could see and my trusty Brooks, - you can keep you're £150 Fizik job. Copper rivets everytime!

Good to see David Thompson there and look toward to seeing him on his new Ribble at the next Super 6. Bring it on, Mon the Joansin'!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ben,

You had a very creditable 12th place finish...I was doon at Helensburgh with the missus and wee one around lunchtime, and saw the guys at the fiinishline. The big race was still out on the course, but i asked them how the Joansin boys got on, so they gave me a swatch at the results...12th for you and 56th for Davie.... I imagine it was a toughy going round the lochside, there was a fair old wind blowing... well done both of you Oh ya dancer !

Ian