Saturday 22nd January - Long Cost Run

DavieB

As discussed on the run today next Sunday the Scottish Cyclocross Champs are taking place on Sunday 23rd, though not competing I am planning to go along to watch so would prefer a long bunch run on the Saturday.

Who knows a Saturday run may also suit a reclusive subtitler who is rumoured to still own and occasionally use a bike ;-)

Plan would be long coast run - Largs via Bishopton, continue down the coast to Kilwinning and then some Ayrshire back roads back to club rooms.

Post up if interested.

P.S. would urge all interested in getting along to Irvine on the Sunday to get behind the 'crossers, who knows it might generate more interest in 'cross at the club and start some focus in terms of getting a decent group training and racing for the 2011 season.

• Members
Who knows a Saturday run may also suit a reclusive subtitler who is rumoured to still own and occasionally use a bike ;-)

Ha! :grin: Yes, I do indeed own a bicycle. The problem is that I've forgotten how to use it.

I should be able to join you on Saturday; but on the evidence of my 60-miler this morning, the full distance may be too much too soon.

I should be able to join you on Saturday; but on the evidence of my 60-miler this morning, the full distance may be too much too soon.

Mmmmm.....the subtitler doth protest too much, methinks :lol:

Plan for the usual 9:15 at the club rooms, 9:30 at Morrisons - Mark will meet at 8:40 on the track.

Guys,

Not much interest in this but would appear to be a decent group going out on the Sunday.

My plan remains the same, ride on the Saturday and watch the 'cross on the Sunday but will not be offended if current confirmed posters would prefer to go on the more popular Sunday run instead. Also not hung up on a coast run but would go with the majority if a suitable meeting place is arranged.

Let me know what you think.

Davie

• Members

Yes, I'm keen on a Saturday run and the chance to interact with humans. There's been too much riding about on my own this week. Time alone with your thoughts is overrated. By the time I get home I'm more wound-up than when I left. May have to start listening to Radio 4 in one ear or something. :-P

Guys,

Was planning on going out from the house in Dunlop early (had thought i would need to go out on my own to try and rack up the miles because i need to be back at the house for 13:00 latest) maybe could tie something in with you guys if your going out??

Any thoughts on a route?? are you still thinking down the coast?

Andy D

All,

Have one eye on the weather myself as forecasts are variable with freezing fog a possibility!

Still, I plan to be at club rooms at 09:15 for the initial meeting. The route isn't set in stone i.e. we can stay more local if people are pushed for time but main roads might be the best option which tends to suggest coast run.

Has anybody any other thoughts? Also is everybody planning on the one meeting place or are we meeting people on the way. Obviously if we don't meet up at the same time it makes the prospect of an early morning debate over the most suitable route a bit redundant.

Post up and apologies if the above is a bit confusing.

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions

To further confuse matters this week, but for clarity in future weeks, can we scrap the "meeting at morrison"? It was discussed at the AGM in November and again last week at the committee meeting that we should really have one place in Johnstone to meet and that should be our club rooms.

I am as guilty as many others, but in reality it only means an extra 5mins along the track and less stop/start/waiting for all.

See you at the club at 09:15.

R

For those from the south west, I'll be attempting the track, but if too icy I'll head over the road through Lochwinnoch and Howwood. Either way, I'll plan to pass the cross at Lochwinnoh at 08:50.

Mark,

Will be avoiding the track......will likely cycle main road to LochW and try and hook up with Ramsay - let me know what your plans are.

Any probs in the morning my mobile is 0774 5992795.

Lindsay - thanks for the heads ups re. the track and glad to hear you are (relatively) OK.

D