League 10 TT - Tuesday 27th July

ginty001

Davie wrote;

Don't think I'll make it tonight but for future reference where exactly is the start of the "Westferry"

Davie

It is at the foot of Bishopton hill towards Langbank. The start is literally under the railway bridge, just before the roundabout exit from the M8 west and entrance to the A8 heading to Langbank etc. On the other side of the roundabout is a car park, the entrance to which is generally the meeting point.

Hope to see you out another night.

Iain

• 2023 Subscriptions

Davie,

The course is on the A8 from the end of the M8 along to the Newark roundabout at Port Glasgow and then back. There is fast moving traffic (as it's a dual carraigeway), but it's a fast and very nearly flat course.

TheWest Ferry is the start finish area, which is generally around the roundabout under the end of the M8 (and where the A8 then starts). Actual start is under the railway bridge on the Bishopton road (about 100m from the roundabout) and the finish is on the off ramp/slip road back down to the round about from the A8.

The wee cark park at the West Ferry (river side of the roundabout) is where everyone usually meets/parks etc. It does however have a bit of a reputation for other activities, so hanging around too much in lycra is not always advisable! :!::shock: (Unless of course that is your sort of thing. ;-) )

Cheers,

R

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jan

thanks for timkeeping' thanks for looking after my gear thanks for waiting for me when I set off without it thanks for retrieving my gear from IMcG and then waiting for me at Bishopton. May have been a night for pb's for some but for me just alot of senior moments.