July 4th

Guest EPCC

• Members

A run on the north side of the river will probably tempt me out of bed. I'm not sure right now; I'll confirm later in the week.

In the meantime, I was just wondering if there's any interest in doing something different to the normal Crow-Tak loop when we ride over here. (Sorry for the hijack, Billy. :oops: I'm quite happy to go with the flow on Sunday. This is thinking out loud for future trips.)

The sort of thing I'm talking about is:

Erskine Bridge > Drymen > Gartmore > Aberfoyle > Duke's Pass > Loch Venachar > Callander > Braes of Greenock > Gartmore > Drymen > Cycle Route 7 > Home.

I reckon that's about 77 miles bridge to bridge. There are some decent climbs in there; beautiful scenery, too. I've been on most of those roads at one time or another. The single track between Drymen and Gartmore would be new to me. I've included it because it would take us away from the traffic on the main road and it looks OK on Google Streetview. :grin:

You can also follow a similar initial route out to Aberfoyle and over the Duke's Pass, but then do a loop to the west around Loch Katrine. Not sure how far that would be.

I just wanted to test the water; see what people think. New roads and routes are good, I reckon. Apologies once again to Billy. I'll make it up to you with a cup of tea and a cake on Sunday. :grin:

Sounds good Richard Oh ya dancer !

The Loch Katerine option has been used in the past for the wheelers audax (which probably means mega miles) and would be good.

I have been looking at options around the areas you mention for future runs after the Etap route on the 11th.

I will be gutted if you go that way this week as I cant make it out :angryfire but would be interested to hear all about it.

Colin Hello, beer !!

Like the sound of Richard's suggestion, but happy to go with the flow.

Andy and I will leave from Dunlop via Lugton - Paisley - Red Smiddy - to be in Erskine for 9am so if anyone else is heading that way we can meet up.

Guest EPCC

It is Scotland and Summer is it not, it always rains, but it should be warm rain, will be at Club rooms come rain or shine, if weather is really bad migh just do the crow from the otherside.

• Members

The weather over here is foul, folks. It's pelting down and has been for hours. I'm going to do the sensible thing and go back to bed. It's too wet and cold; no-one will have mudguards on; and I don't want to risk double pneumonia. :-/

I'll wait the weather out. If the rain stops this evening, I'll go out then. Sorry.

Guest EPCC

Another lovely summers day (not) saw Me Charlie DaveB and david brave the weather and ride over to the Bridge, No others joined us so we wnt for a short hilly run past Bishopton Gledoch a wee hill just before Gledoch then a rund down into the port for a lovely ride up the clune, which was reasonably enjoyable untill the turn towards Killmalcom where the wind was rather stiff. we strugled to BOW and retreated onto the path for a windless run.. so not a long day but 38 miles in the lovely weather felt like 100.

See you all in three weeks off to France

PS Tuesday could be the new thursday Colin