Advance warning !!

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

Message from Dr. Gerry

Kenny - could you bring this to the attention of committee (I'll be away at end of month):

Glasgow United are suspended from competition for August for non-attendance at WOSCA meetings.

I have a formal request for marshalls for the national RR incorporating the WOSCA RR champs on 15th August. We have to send names and contact phone numbers to Alistair Ogg at 152 Bonnyton Drive, Eaglesham, Glasgow, G76 OLU.

Cheers

Gerry

Suggest a road racer volunteers for duty as they will have necessary SCU membership required to marshall.

Paul mcdonald did it last year so is exempt.

A ban doesnt bother me as I dont race ;-)

:-? I'm a novice road racer and I've enjoyed the TLI events I've entered this season so far.

I don't hold an SCU licence and don't intend taking one out this season but I wouldn't like our club barred from entering remaining events through us not meeting obligations.

Hopefully one of our seasonned campainers will do the dutyfull thing.

If I take out the licence next year I'll do it....honest. ;-)

Can't say I'm that bothered about Glas Utd through the behaviour of one of their members when out with the bunch.

Strikes home about setting an axample when out and about wearing the colours.

gang forward

paul

• 3 weeks later...

I'll do it if no-one else can. Will still be post-op recovery so need a marshalling place not too remote and somewhere I can sit down when the action isnt there!! Think I'd enjoy watching the mens RR champs though from the SCU forum chat it seems its been badly advertised and not many entries as yet...

cheers

Kelly

PS what does a ban actually mean to us? Do we ger banned from all events (TTs and RRs?) Is it just a black mark?

Or Is it just some historical 'shaming' thing like in English time trials when they divide DNS racers into DNS's with apologies, and DNS's without apologies??!!

Have just seen this mesge as haven't really checked the bunch properly for ages. I have an SCU license but on that whole weekend Candice has relatives up from england so I'll be shackled with that. I haven't really raced much at all this year- there are other license holders out there who are hard core racers but who haven't replied to this yet... where are they???.

Stephen L

PS Kenny, could you let me know how much your son charges for the DJ- ing as we're pretty sure we want to book him for next year

PPS take care Kelly and get well soon

I am another person who is currently unable to ride a bike at the moment and doesn't mind doing a bit of marshalling. Marshalling on your own is a bit boring, however if Kelly is happy to, we can go together. I pesonally take a chair with me now to races, so I can bring the car - with a couple of chairs and we can watch the racing in between.

Where is the race?

Cheers

Shazy

PS Being banned is not good.

The general view is JWCC riders would not be able to take part in any SC, BC and RTTC events. We could still take part in TLI events, however none of the results or times in these events count toward national competition ie records/BAR etc. So really being banned isn't good for anyone.

Right Shazy, sounds like a date to me! Marshalling is always better when you've got good chat and am now looking forward to it even more!

Fingers crossed for good weather.....I'll bring a golf umbrella.

cheers

Kelly

PS, Im doing this so that Kat can still ride the British TT Champs without fear of being disqualified from racing by WOSCA or whoever is threatening a ban!!!

• Members

Race is in Strathaven , goes up transmitter hill then round Sorn circuit before circuit on other side of Stathaven. Shazy you drove me round it a couple of years ago - remember the cow sitting on your car bonnet !!!

Contact Alistair Ogg organiser.

Well volunteered the girls !!!!!

It seems the girls are certainly outdoing the guys in all aspects of the club this year :-P

Well i was planning on doing this event since some sort of form was coming on,however i might just do it anyway just to get a mega kicking. I presume this is the road race on the 15th of august???? Oh and if i don't ride i wouldn't mind being a official as long as i get plenty of free food????????????? ha ha

cheers stu

FAO Kenny / Shazy

As I said before Ive booked Sunday in for marshalling this race. I havent written to the organiser to let him know I'll do it (as I havent really left the house much lately!) - Kenny provided postal details for Alistair Ogg - I did try to phone the organiser this evening but the number in the SCU handbook just goes dead....

Please can someone confirm that the Race organiser and official body knows we are providing marshalls as Im not up to confrontation at the minute and dont want to turn up and be told I am too late / surplus to requirements etc...

And finally...

can anyone tell me where to go for the strip / what time to be there etc?

Cheers

Kelly