restricted gear TT

ginty001

No fixie required.

The restriction is on the biggest (hardest) gear that you can use which is a 39*13 or 81 inch in old money (39/13*27=81)

No need to go messing around with your gears. A cable tie on the big ring will sort you out.

A map of the course is on the link

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-ki ... 1612047671

Two laps of course. Starting and finishing at same place

First rider off at 10am

Parking available in Gateside village

Not sure if I will make it. Still finalising plans for Paisley's biggest party since '87 It's Party time!

Any volunteers for timekeeping

Clubrooms at 9 roger that.

As always weather dependant, i dont take my classic De Rosa out in any ole weather ye know :lol:

Fitness isnt upto scratch yet to race in any form. That said i'am hoping to lose some beef and build up a good level of fitness this season, i found a big pile of motivation at the start of the year and spent/ing some money on my bike.

A good turnout for the first confined event of the year was faced with a cold and rainy morning to suffer in. Here's the results.

Podium places were taken by:

1st. Greg 31'24"

2nd. Iain Cowden 32'59"

3rd. Kenny Christie 33'19"

Ist Lady: Mary 59'29"

Congratulations to Mary for a super effort and and to Greg for starting the season as he finished the last one - with another trophy! Great rides by Iain and Kenny too. Hello, beer !!

Full list of times for the riders, in the order they set off as follows:

Mike: 36'12"

Paul: 38'09" (first event)

Stephen: DNF (first event: got lost!)

Ian McGinty: 35'29"

Mary: 59'29" (got lost then stopped after first lap not realising it was a 2 lapper!)

Charlie: 35'47"

David: 40'21" (first event)

Al: 37'12" (on a fixie - ouch!)

Kenny C: 33'19"

Greg: 31'24"

Iain C: 32'59"

Johnny: 36'41" (first event: couple of mechanicals :angryfire )

Janza: Last seen heading for Paisley High Street!

Great to see new riders taking part and hope to see them in the next confined event.

Well done to all who took part in what turned out to be a confusing course - for some. :-? You know who you are. First Hammock contenders of the year well and truly noted. :lol:

Thanks also to Chung for being my glamorous assistant on timekeeping duties.

Frank

• 2023 Subscriptions

I think charlies, result is out by aprox 2 mins, correct me if i am wrong but he was two infront of me, and i caught him on the rocky road near the end, on the second lap and he was only 20 or so seconds behind me, so would his time not be around 33.47?

Greg

• Administrators

Thanks to Frank for timekeeping, Chung for his directions and to all who were out on the course looking for me, unfortunately I was not on the course! :oops::oops::oops:

At the point when I realised I was not on the course (Paisley) I should have turned and came straight back but I thought I would add in some extra hill climbing over some back roads.

Looking forward to the next event!

Many thanks Frank for timekeeping and allowing a late starter!

Great ride from Greg (again)! If memory serves me well (possible but by no means certain) that's a further 1.5 minutes+ plus quicker than last year. Commiserations to James for the pre-event puncture and Jonny for the mechanicals.

About to make an eleventh hour clothing order for Mary - in view of today's events I wonder if we can order JWCC compass and sextant?

Iain

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks to Frank and Chung. Great day though feet frozen by the time I got home. Thanks also to Gregg for improving my time by 2 minutes. You must have been going so fast that you did not notice the 2 other guys that set off ahead of Kenny and behind me. I was just gutted that you overtook me on the last stretch. Well done great time