Sat 10th

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Calling 9am Morrisons team.

Who is up for usual 9am 60 / 70 mile run round the coast ?

Alternative if anyone keen - Euan Pope was telling me that there is a 10am round the coast from Renfrew as alternative to Anniesland, was about 12 last week. I suggest we go with majority if anyone wants to respond. I can probably do either this weekend but 9am Morrisons would be preference.

PM Oh ya dancer ! cD

Guest Jim Daly

Current MetOffice forecast for Sat 10-Jan-09:

0900 Medium-level cloud 4°C SSW 26 mph gusts 52 mph

1200 Heavy Rain 6°C SSW 31 mph gusts 62 mph

May turn out to be a good day to avoid the coast...

• Members

WOWEE what a day oot for the Dev squad :shock:

Caught the 10;00 ferry to Dunnoon , breezy but nothing out the ordinary :roll:

Run down to Strachur and retrace to the Whistlefield climb over to Ardentinny :cry: rain started and last few lifts were into a stiff headwind.

By time we reached Ardentinny we were wet :oops:

The coastal ride was tough but spirits were high , we upped pace from Kirn in with climb over to Dunnoon added to allow young whippersnappers a chance to flex musles in last few miles :rockets

Ferry spotted approaching jetty so it was big ring for last mile Oh ya dancer !

:oops::oops::cry::cry::cry: ferry off sign greeted us as we turned in to the slip :smash

Quick discussion with crew who had closed up for the day :-x conditions were no worse than earlier :roll:

No ferries , but a possible bus service to Greenock from main pier , slog back way we had come :uzi to be told no bus service .

Quick phone call to Stuart Tennants mum and Norma for back up vehicles. By this time we were like drowned rats :cry:

The group of James , Liam , Stuart and Greg were estatic with news that we were heading back down Loch Eck !!!!

Now drizzle was a steady deluge :shock: we were ringing out our sleeves as we rode

St Catherines and back up vehicles passed together Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

With a Krypton factor puzzle of how to fit 5 riders and bikes into the 2 cars , we set about solving the puzzle as quick as possible.

Soon we were on the road home 60 odd miles under the wheels with a major climb under our belt.

The positives :- our youngsters worked very hard in extreme conditions ( only moan was refusal of leader to allow a cafe stop)

No complaints of sore legs tiredness or lack of food :-? so as I said to them when cars arrived :- in my days we would have just cycled all the way home .

This was greeted by :- ************* ************* etc etc

Warning !!! our next expedition is next Saturday , you have been warned

ps I remember the days when Western ferries were the SAS of the ferry world , even locals were stunned that the ferry was off today.

pps had to go all the way back down to Gourock to pick up minibus which I left for run home :rockets

:grin: Hi davie, ye know i never thought of that!!! mabye i didnae need a triple thingy after all, ( triple front sprocket or whateverits called) not a mac d triple burger.. I will reserve judgement untill i view them doing a dashing whiteish seargent at thirty mph.. :!::smash ..nd of the month. . Havnae seen you for ages hope you are well and still training.. I'm getting oot during the week for fifteens/twenties with the odd hill thrown in when i canny find a way roon it :oops: ,, all the best for 09. see you soon. regards, ian

Awwreet Ian,

Done absolutely nothing over festive period, bad back, tooth removal and general lazy demenour over the holidays, and an extra half stone to be removed asap! A wee birdy told me you have been seen out regularly, good stuff, hope to see you soon. Keep in to the left.