Curry Night

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well guys, the only preference seems to be Darryls suggestion for Saturday. So here is a plan - which can of course be modified...

Sat 29th Nov

Sat. morning - early start say 9am for at least 70 miles of 'workmanlike' riding. Tignabruich? Sorn-Galston ? Loch Tarzan even :shock: ?

Then, after recovery in the afternoon for a few hours - a rehydration aperitif and large Indian buffet on Saturday night.

Any advance entries - all welcome for ride part or rehydration part or eating part or all parts.

cheers

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• 2024 Subscriptions

All welcome - the more the merrier. There are a lot of new faces in the club and it is not always possible to get to know folk. So, come along :grin:

I'm all for an earlier start - particulalry if we end up going round Dunoon. Though I have to say unless the weather is exceptional, it might be a bit much for me :shock: I don't want to be face down in my Masala come the night oot :grin:

Even a ride around the coast would do me - with Cafe stop and up through West Kilbride, etc. Plenty of bailout options then for the less fit.

Cheers

DG

• 2023 Subscriptions

Round the coast sounds good to me.

Fairly early start also sounds good.

I second what Darryl said about the more the merrier for a curry. Usually at Indian for 7.30 and scoffing for 8. Please join us.

Looking forward to it already.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

I'd like to come along to the curry but I need to attend a birthday celebration in Dunoon that night.

However I may well be able to come along for the Saturday morning run - especially if it's the Dunoon/Tighnabruaich option - I was planning to cycle down to Gourock anyway to catch the ferry. I will keep an eye on this thread to see what the plan is.

Guest Jim Daly

Can I suggest starting a new thread under Club Runs with the day, date, start time and distance in the title?

Are we definitely decided on route yet, or will it depend on the weather forecast?

I can think of a few folk out there who would be keen but may be confused by the CURRY NIGHT title.

For example, Matt, Kenny, Tommo, ...?

Jim :-?

• 2024 Subscriptions

Jim

It is not confusing if you have already read the thread as the intention is crystal clear, but for anyone who hasn't, then yes "Curry Night" isn't the place you would automatically look for details of a club run :grin:

So yes, by all means start a new thread.

I don't think we have definitely sorted a route. It will be determined by the weather, no doubt. Also can't see my legs lasting much more than 70 miles.:shock:

I detected a consensus for the coast run - nice and steady and flat, with plenty of bailout options if legs fail or weather gets nasty.

cheers

DG