Reliabiity # 2

Darryl Gunson

• Members

Directions:- for loop

entering Fenwick from Stewarton B778 ( under A77) turn right down main st. tkae 5th. Left into waterslap road. straight to junction and turn right onto B7082 heading toward Kilmarnock.

Just before Kilmarnock turn left down sliproa for A77, keep left do not go onto A77 , heading on unclasified to Moscow. Turn left at junction in Moscow onto A719 head orth and take 2nd. left to head back toward kilmarnock . Turn right into Waterslap rd. and retrace to Fenwick and back under A77 to Stewarton.

• Members

Just trying to keeep our guys on nice safe quiet roads Oh ya dancer !

plus the fast guys will see how far behind the group they are ;-) if they havent caught them by then :shock:

I am a doubtfull for meeting at clubrooms , so will pick up a bunch out on the road at some point :roll: depending on when I wake up and sober up ( in that order) following family birthday party Hello, beer !!

• 2023 Subscriptions

I think I have got the go ahead from the directeur sportif aka the missus. Having survived, just, the Daly singlespeed rocket last week, I suggested to him a ride in the 9.30 would be good. I will not repeat his reply suffice to say, I will be going on the later group :smash

I am hoping the clocks might go forward after 9.30 to allow a 9.45 start :oops:

just a thought, 30 mins seemed a long time.

SO, assuming Jim and I, do we have any other takers, Alan is at centreparcs, so will be a no show.

Colin? Ramsay? any others?

Humbie Super 6 race is now full, A and B race. The next one is Tour of Lowthers, it may be a good idea to put your name down early if you are interested, I am waiting to see how Humbie goes personally. I have copied what I think is the proposed route for the Lowthers

cheers

duncan

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/leadhills/96380881

• 2024 Subscriptions

Duncan

I am planning on doing this ride, but unfortunately 10am is a bit late for me. Why don't you set off at 9.30? I'm sure it won't be too easy or slow. Anyway, from what I saw last week there weren't enough riders for one decent -sized- post -9-group let alone two!

Just a thought.

DG

Being a novice in this club run lark, can somebody tell me if it's frowned upon not to have mud guards?

I was planning to come along on Sunday but don't have any on of my bikes and need to know if I have to change this..... :-?

Seb

• 2023 Subscriptions

Seb,

mudguards are expected at this time of year, of course the forecast is for dry weather on sunday, but hey, what does that mean.

I have an additional question, I have fitted race blades to my summer bike and may venture out with it on sunday if the weather is half decent.

I cannot fit the front guard due to the shape of the front fork. Will it be ok to use this with the rear guard only :-?

Duncan

Duncan,

I will be there for the later group but am now worried that if I turn up at 10 I will miss you guys :shock:

So once and for all can we clearly state the departure times for the groups and stick to them to avoid confusion please :roll:

See you on Sunday (at some point)

Colin Hello, beer !!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Colin and I have agreed to meet to go at 9.45, hope that is ok folks. any other takers?

What about Frank and Arvid as pre March 1st training? Hello, beer !!

Jim can show us how it is done in the premier league A race

think I will bring bike with only one rear race blade unless I hear otherwise, or its raining :lol:

duncan

Duncan/Colin,

Don't mean to throw a spanner into the works but I'd rather we joined the 09:30 group. With Darryl coming along, it certainly won't be slow. :oops:

Anyway, cycling's always better in a bigger group and it seems daft to go out in 2 and 3s. Rather have two decent sized groups with 30 minutes between them. This seems enough of a challenge in early February to me. The 9 o'clockers are no slouches!

Maybe Jim will have second thoughts and decide to join us too.

Whaddayathink??

Frank.

Guys,

9:30 sounds ok to me and a slighgtly bigger group will be nice too. Last week's was a bit small.

Seb, don't worry about the mudguards, it'll be goor to see you back on the road again! If it's nice I might take my new bike out for a spin (no guards or blades). If we get kicked out of the bunch for that we can be the 9:35 instead...

• Members

Guys

only word of caution I would place on people riding good bikes at this time of year is the amount of salt on the roads :shock:

Plus as a coach I would never recommend riding good bike this early in season, you will lose out on benefit of having to ride harder plus lose that boost you get when you start the first race on the good bike .

Anyone who has raced will remember that feeling of riding the good bike for the first race of the season , coming off the back of many miles on the winter steed its as if someone has loosened off a sticking brake.

2 groups are fine and with Darryl joining in you will have someone with experience to cascade to riders thinking of trying road racing this season.

Have a good one guys

ps if anyone can get to clubrooms 12:30 - 1:00 to heat up soup , please post here so we can get keys to you before Sunday morning

Oh ya dancer ! soup now in situ, choice of two apart from take it or leave it....potato and leek or lentil and carrot...sorry nae krootins. It's  Bugs Bunny ! For switcher onner, keys back at john's shop and can be collected any time after 11.00 hrs sun.. if earlier is required, call me for his mob no.will be oot with the nine o'clock bunch.. Hello, beer !!

Seb,

I have a new set of race blade mudguards fitted, I will be leaving with the 9.00 bunch, I will leave my old mudguards at the clubhouse gates along with their fixings, feel free to stick them on your steed when you turn up for thr 9.30 bunch.

As you see Simon there are two groups leaving, the 9.00 bunch are the 30 milers, everyone else leaves 9.30, hope this ends your confusion.