Chaingang Thursday 17 May 2018

• Committee

Potential new member Dave Watson may join on Thursday night. He was with the 30 milers on Sunday but more than capable. He was a teenage member coached by Kenny Mac so some of you may know him. 

Please say hi. He knows it's last man standing!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good grief over 30 tonight !

No luck with puncture Jan. I hope you kept your anger in check unlike some others who set a bad example :)

I think the results for the intermediate were Billy, Marc and the final was me, Marc, Stevie. I'm sure the guys will correct me if wrong. Stevie was in front of Jesse and me up the clune if that helps.

If you manage to remember everyone who was out then you deserve some bonus points 

• 2023 Subscriptions

To make matters worse i changed my wheels just before coming out but forgot to change the spare tube in my tool bottle so only had one with a 42 mm valve, not very good for 60mm wheels. I normally have a valve extender too but couldnt find it!

Another source (i have spies everywhere) suggests Jess held on for third, so will call it a tie with her and Stevie. Good to see Billy back winning the intermediate again, won about 75% of them last year!

To make scoring a bit easier i'm going to stop the parallel scoring and just keep kom and sprint points to wheelers, non wheelers get the point for turning up so can keep track of how many are out. Current standings

Name Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 overall
Galeb 12 8   20
Iain mct 8 9 3 20
Marc   3 9 12
Stevie   4 4 8
Paul Mcd   1 7 8
Billy 3   3 6
James 2 1 1 4
Jesse   1 3 4
Eric 1 1 1 3
Charlie 1 1 1 3
Paul L 1 1 1 3
Andy P 1 1   2
Scott N   1 1 2
Ian A   2   2
Andy G 1   1 2
Colin   1 1 2
Anthony   1 1 2
Alan T   1 1 2
Darryl   1 1 2
John Cr   1 1 2
Robbie   1   1
Ryan   1   1
Alan mcb   1   1
Alan mcl   1   1
Glen     1 1
Michael J     1 1
Ian mcg     1 1
Gregg O     1 1
David W     1 1
Gary D     1 1
Richie     1 1

• 2023 Subscriptions

Almost rejoined the bunch after the Clune, watching everyone set off just as I turned the corner, then getting a tow from an Inverclyde Velo chap almost as far as Kilmacolm and 5 m from the back before blowing up.

Found that very, very hard last night. I guess I still had last weekend's 25 in my legs.