Intermediate training rides

• 2023 Subscriptions

From what i gather a couple of members have asked about midweek training rides geared more at an intermediate pace. Is this something others would be interested in?

The intention would be to have a couple of experienced main bunch riders involved - not to make the ride hard but to keep things together and hopefully pass on some tips.

Wednesday evenings are probably best so it doesnt clash with the confined events on a Tuesday and the chaingang on a Thursday. The route would be something like the Renfrewshire lanes or Peesweep circuit and would meet outside the clubrooms. About 60 - 90 minutes of riding, distance depends on how hilly the route is. I think it's probably best to avoid the west ferry and also the Georgetown road (the ctt time trial series will be running here) . On the flatter parts the group can practice riding in a chaingang or paceline and as the distance is shorter expect it to be somewhat faster than a social sunday run. It would however be a no drop ride with a regroup at the top of any hills.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Seems to be enough interest so how about starting next Wednesday (19th April) meeting at 6.30pm outside the club rooms?

Route - clubrooms, Auchenlodmont road up the Braes and around the Peesweep circuit. I realise this is a pretty big climb right at the start but it is the shortest and quickest way to get to quieter roads. Everyone can go at their own pace and regroup at the top.

Here is a map https://www.strava.com/routes/8259667 

• 2023 Subscriptions

There is a beginners class in the club rooms this week at 7pm so i think best to postpone the intermediate evening ride to next week (or could start it at 6 with the aim of being back at clubrooms for 7).

If any of you have friends that are getting into cycling and thinking of joining then the class might be good thing for them to go to (they dont need to be a member of the club) so they can ask some questions. I'm sure more experienced riders will be able to pick up a few tips, mechanical or otherwise, too.